• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Helmet Out There?

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
depends on what you want.
Do you want light weight? warmth? protection? smaller in size? higher protection ratings?
Myself i have a Thor Force (not 2nd generation) and love it. Got an xs for $85 on sale for parts unlimited and put medium cheek pads in it and works great. Doesnt feel heavy while on my head, warm, goggles fit in it great(Scott SnoPro), Snell and DOT approved.

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
I have a 509 Evolution helmet and love it, it is lightweight, warm, comfortable and looks sweet!!! I used to wear an HJC CLX5SN and there is no comparison between them the 509 is much better hands down.

S

silvester

Dec 15, 2009
Grand County Colorado
I'm curious about the 509 helmets and googles? Are they as good as they sound as far as keeping the snow and wind out. As far a back country do they vent well and keep you cool? I'm also looking at the Fly racing stuff.

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
One thing to add in regards to the 509 helmets, is all new 2011 helmets will come with a free breathbox, which is great for those extra cold days. The 2011 helmets will be in stock within the next 30 days. Also anyone who bought a 509 helmet previously, can contact us for their free breathbox as well.

S

silvester

Dec 15, 2009
Grand County Colorado
o3rmking, it looks like you sell the 509 stuff, do you ride with them as well? I fog up googles like crazy and am hoping that with a helmet with better venting maybe it could be reduced. Also how the goggles fit into the helmet is a concern. I use oakley a-frames right now.

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
o3rmking, it looks like you sell the 509 stuff, do you ride with them as well? I fog up googles like crazy and am hoping that with a helmet with better venting maybe it could be reduced. Also how the goggles fit into the helmet is a concern. I use oakley a-frames right now.

Goggle fit is important. If your goggles don't fit in your helmet or don't sit well on your face, you'll have major fogging issues. Its very important your goggles seal well against your face and fill the eyeport of your helmet adequately. 509 goggles and helmets are designed to fit and work well together. It's a big advantage to have one brand goggle and helmet, rather than mixing two brands that were not designed to work together.

Venting is also very important. 509 goggles are very well ventilated as are 509 helmets.

We back our products with a 30 day no questions return policy. So you can order, try them out and make a decision on whether they work for you. We also ship all helmet orders free. Right now we have a helmet/goggle package deal for $230.00

Hope I answered your questions, if not feel free to email off our website or call me at 1-877-RIDE-509.

509 Helmet/Goggle Package

Tom

S

silvester

Dec 15, 2009
Grand County Colorado
Are you going to be doing the snow shows with the 509 gear? Just wondering if you'd be offering any better deals in October or is now as best of a time as any to get a deal? I like the Helmet and google designs, I just wish you still had matte black in XL in stock!

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
Show specials will be the same or similar. Matte XL is backordered, but just for a few more weeks. So we're accepting orders on it, which will get you priority shipping when they arrive.

We'll have them and two new designs at the Denver show this year as well!

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
I'm curious about the 509 helmets and googles? Are they as good as they sound as far as keeping the snow and wind out. As far a back country do they vent well and keep you cool? I'm also looking at the Fly racing stuff.

I use the Scott 89xi goggles with my 509 helmet and they actually fit very well, I don't ever get wind or snow in my helmet, which was a problem I had with my HJC helmet, and the helmet vents well too. I have never needed a breath box with this helmet and the scott goggles, although I will have the 509 Aviators this year so I do not know how they will work but I am hoping they will be just as good as my other goggles.

F
Oct 3, 2008
Land of 10,000 Lakes
Oneill helmets are awesome, plus not too many people ride with them, beside the moto boys.

Ive got the Threat..here is a link, I bought it new, but it looks like these guys have it on sale.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/6/2168/ITEM/ONeal-Racing-907-Helmet.aspx

I have had nothing but good luck. Great washable liner, I just ride with a fog-evader and Oakley sno-goggles.

For 100 bucks, its light and fits many goggle sizes. I paid more for my goggles than they have this helmet is listed for online. Oh well, they make more money right!
Hope this helps

-Dusty

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
Best Helmet

I run a BV2S helmet and I like it alot. I am tempted to get a new helmet but not sure if I am ready for goggles yet. I guess I would have to give them a try. All of my buddies use them. They say I am to old school.:face-icon-small-hap

R
Dec 19, 2007
Best helmet out there by far, lightweight, best quality, Troy lee helmets are far superior than any other helmet out there.

Just my 2 cents.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Helmet to goggle matchup is more important to me than anything else.... 509 Evolution helmet with 509 Aviator goggles are such a good fit together that I almost don't need a balaclava or goggle straps! Loving my 509 gear.

Premium Features