• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

McCall Grooming What a Joke.

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
Just trying to give as much bad press as possible. Went riding yesterday and what a joke. Have been 4 times this year all different weeks and never a groomed trail. See Idaho riding area's to write and call please the more bad press the better. Just spent 2 hours writing email and making phone calls.

S
Dec 1, 2007
repeat of 3 years ago?

sounds like what it was like 3 year ago .
we head to maccall every year if its that bad mabey we go somwere else this year

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
That's really too bad...

It used to be horrible. Then a couple of years ago Doug Miller got involved and the trails were awesome. I heard he moved back to Boise... looks like the people up there are back to their old ways.

Too bad too... we plan a ride up there every year but had stopped when the grooming was so bad. Went the past couple of years because it was good again. I'm not going if the grooming is back to the way it was (none).

sled_guy

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
Sure was nice to go in and come out on corduroy today after a hard day of boondocking in fabulous snow conditions under bluebird skies!

20179_1281345684173_1546014048_698483_4772932_n.jpg

20179_1281344444142_1546014048_698479_5738724_n.jpg

But our trails were horrible over the holiday weekends! Issues with groomers and staffing suposedly. Commissioner "says" it's remedied. I sure hope so! I am truely embarrassed by those kind of conditions regardless of how little or how much trail riding one does!

Boy, maybe I should have taken a picture of the corduroy?

M
Dec 31, 2007
My Snowmobile buddy Who went without me today in McCall Said They made first tracks on the newly groomed trail this morning. Not a cloud in the sky, 22 degrees no wind 5in of new stuff and absolutely gorgeous. Go ahead, Go somewhere else. We like it like this. :)

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
cascade sucked *** over christmas-new year. it was groomed the sat night after christmas and was not groomed again when we left the sun after new years. so over a week with no grooming. Their was alot of sleds their for the holiday weekend. especially the sat after new years. Trail was extremly bad and beat to ****. I can pin it on my xp and skip over or jump most of it. It still really beats you up. oil tank on new turbo system cracked on thursday. jb welded it and skiped the main trail alltogether fri-sun.
I felt really sorry for any one riding a cat on the trail. lol.. :D glad I only rode the m8 on the trail one day.

A
Nov 27, 2007
McCall Idaho
i was told all the trails were groomed yesterday and today so this weekend should be much better. There has been major issues with equip. on the groomers this year which slowed things down to almost a stop...but they are up and running again.

as far as i know the grooming will improve from now on out as equipment is fixed and more operaters are being trained.

instead of writing bad press, as a resident of McCall, i would like to say thank you to everyone who spends their hard earned money here and i think everyone in the snowmobile community here apologizes for the bad grooming.

but with that aside, i would like to say please keep coming and supporting our small town, we would not survive without a sled population and hopefully all other locals/government realize this too.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
but with that aside, i would like to say please keep coming and supporting our small town, we would not survive without a sled population and hopefully all other locals/government realize this too.

Good on you. I sure appreciate it when people make an honest, straightforward pitch for my business.

sled_guy

K
i was told all the trails were groomed yesterday and today so this weekend should be much better. There has been major issues with equip. on the groomers this year which slowed things down to almost a stop...but they are up and running again.

as far as i know the grooming will improve from now on out as equipment is fixed and more operaters are being trained.

instead of writing bad press, as a resident of McCall, i would like to say thank you to everyone who spends their hard earned money here and i think everyone in the snowmobile community here apologizes for the bad grooming.

Does this club have a website? Our club had issues with equipment a few years back as well and the trails were terrible. Everyone was up in arms about how lazy and useless our groomer volunteers were. No one was informed and everybody jumped to conclusions. I run our club's web site and I can't stress the importance of having a web site to keep members and potential visitors informed. Saves a lot of bad mouthing a great tool for the club to post events or work parties or such. Communication is so important!:beer;

A
Nov 27, 2007
McCall Idaho
Does this club have a website? Our club had issues with equipment a few years back as well and the trails were terrible. Everyone was up in arms about how lazy and useless our groomer volunteers were. No one was informed and everybody jumped to conclusions. I run our club's web site and I can't stress the importance of having a web site to keep members and potential visitors informed. Saves a lot of bad mouthing a great tool for the club to post events or work parties or such. Communication is so important!:beer;

i absolutely agree....

im not positive on the website address but they do have one...also not sure if it has grooming reports or not but your right, communication is the key.

on another note... the trails were great today.

in fact brundage res. side was even freshly groomed we were first tracks...

grooming is starting to look better. the half mile section from the upper parking lot to the main trail is a little jittery in spots but that is normal since it is not as wide..otherwise goose lake side was nice and smooth too.

good job valley county. keep it up

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
Grooming does seem to be back on track! Even more was groomed for us yesterday (Friday). It was yet another GREAT ride! Didnt leave the parking lot until 2pm but still managed to burn through a tank of gas by sunset! (Course, that's easier to do when it's only 3 of ya - seems like 5 to 10 times the territory can be covered!)

20179_1282551994330_1546014048_701742_1209156_n.jpg

Here's McCall's snowmobile club website:

http://snowmobilemccall.net/

and here's a direct link to the grooming report:

http://www.snowmobilemccall.net/grooming/mccall-idaho-grooming-report.html

Happy riding everyone!!!

Last edited:
S
Jan 12, 2006
Meridian ID
Did a family ride today and I was pleased to see the trails. Lets keep up the good work and continue it BEGINNING NEXT YEAR!!

This place is to great to not have a great trail system to ease the pain to the even better off trail riding.

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
grooming is terrible

the trail from lower parking lot (new meadows) has been groomed 1 time all year ,left dave miller message on friday morning how bad it is saturday still the same.I realize they are busy, time, money,all that but if they wont groom that trail to McCall i would just as soon get a citation for no registration than pay the money for nothing

Premium Features