• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How do you define turbo lag?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I think it is that split second, when you throw your weight and hit the throttle. Your just about to go for a digger waiting for the sled to catch up with your body weight. Hopefully it does!

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
What I have found in testing between my Cat turbo and my Ski-Doo turbos is the response is much better with the Ski-Doo. I feel this is due to the shift force generated by the TRA in the initail part of the shift curve. Response is right now. So much so that I'm thinking about putting a TRA on my Cat to try. My XP turbo will make about 3-4 pounds of boost with the track in the air with no load on it, just wicking the throttle:D. The Cat won't build boost even if some brake is applied:(.

Dave

S

SPOOLED

Dec 4, 2007
northern bc
its like when you were a bad kid and the old man was coming after you with the belt, you knew it was coming, it wouldn't magically go away then it would hit you wham.!

G

GRAHAM

Sep 2, 2008
Clovis cali.
Drive/Ride a Supercharger and you will easly se the difference between lag and boost. However stay on the throttle and watch the turbo take center stage and the supercharger fade away. :eek:

Premium Features