• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 Recall

C
Dec 3, 2007
I didn't know if Polaris sent "X" number of replacement parts to the dealer that sold "X" amount of sleds for that years model.

Thanks Greg Your the Man!!

P.S.

What's the chance of having my list of add ons added to my sled when it's in your shop for repair?

A
Jan 14, 2009
Anchorage , AK
The recall applies to all 2008 and 2009 800 CFIs. Polaris is also extending 08-09 engine warranty until June 1 2010 . And last but not least , and can thats not stock or SLP voids said engine warranty . Theyre reccommending for high altitude that you keep stock or SLP and for low altitude you run Polaris part # 1262142-rmk .

M

Mikew5j

Aug 3, 2008
Namao, Alberta
The recall applies to all 2008 and 2009 800 CFIs. Polaris is also extending 08-09 engine warranty until June 1 2010 . And last but not least , and can thats not stock or SLP voids said engine warranty . Theyre reccommending for high altitude that you keep stock or SLP and for low altitude you run Polaris part # 1262142-rmk .

So is 3000 feet considered low altitude?

D
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, WA
The Recall is out new piston,head and reflash
Let the games begin letter to mailed to consumer Sept 9 2009

My dealer is aware of this update, but didn't know when it was going to be released. Did you get contacted by your Polaris rep? When are the update kits actually going to be avaliable for dealers to have on the shelf?

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Correct on the 3000
On Sept 14th Poo is sending out kits for 15% of each dealers number of 800's they recieved. Then the dealer is to order more, it is going to be a very close dealer to customer contact point and hold hands and walk threw followed by a detailed letter to the consumer after the kit is installed.
Warranty extends on the motor to June of 2010

K
Nov 29, 2007
kelowna bc

WHAT? stock or slp? well that sure says whos in bed with who!i run a slp with hps can..warranty till june 2010..how many are still sledding in june? anyone know if this (fix) will put the real 154hp out? all i can say about mine is it looks good on the truck..lol

A
Jan 14, 2009
Anchorage , AK
Yeah , that stock or SLP only thing is kinda shady but theyre just doing a little CYA with that one . And I think they made it until June for a couple reasons . First , so even if it does burn down at the tail end of the season you can still have it warrantied . And second , because some people DO ride that late . My last ride this last year was May 15th and there were guys still going for a couple weeks after that . As for the actual HP rating , we're not going to know until someone puts an 800 on a dyno and gives it a whirl .

M
Mar 14, 2008
MI
Some of u aholes just won't be made happy, to bad

Not sure where that came from... How many times did you walk home last year? Way to many here...
For me I can't wait to put the fix to the test, to the dealer in peices or one happy poo rider at the end of the year. Time will tell. Gatta give polaris some credit for doing something, takes some of the sting out of the lost 30 days of riding and buying a back up sled to ride last year. BTW It was a great reason to buy that xcr 800 I always wanted!!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Just got done reading the bulletin, all low altitude dragons/rmks/assaults will have to purchase a service silencer from polaris at reduced cost(as of now no cost available)....wont be included with the kit.........at high altitude only polaris stock can or slp replacement can is ok to run..any other can voids warranty...ECU reflash will have an agressive Det sensor..retards timing..adds fuel..if it cant stop the det it goes to limp mode and will only run 6000 rpm until restarted...will flash the service engine soon lite when it senses det.... parts listed are new head, new 2 ring pistons and the reflash...also when the kit is done if customer doesnt have proof that the fuel filter was changed at 1000 miles and again at 3000 miles the dealer must install a new filter(at customers expense) and polaris requires their new polaris gold plus oil to be run to honor the warranty(during first tank of fuel must premix 1 qt of semi synthetic blue oil for break in).... as of now there is no parts released yet..and customer notifications are to be mailed within 2 weeks of today.....

Premium Features