• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTB garmin Rhino's

$
Dec 10, 2008
Billings,MT
We use the new Garmin Rhino 530 HCX two-way/gps. At some point we've all been frustrated and thrown ours, but when they work right they are great. It's nice to see where everyone is on the map and mark points on the map. My only issue is mine will freeze up and I have no idea until I meet up with everyone and they ***** at me for not answering. Removing and reinstalling the battery fixes the problem every time. Also the compass is buggy and needs to be recalibrated regularly. Others from the group complain about not knowing how to use and lose some features, but thats just a matter of not using it enough and reading the manual.

R
Feb 20, 2008
rino 120

i recently purchased a rino 120 and seem to be having some problems with the gps??? it goes in and out of having a signal or its a really weak signal. is anybody else having this? my buddies that i ride with that have regular gps's dont have this problem at all? can anybody help? thanks

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.

i just purchased two 120 they worked better that i thought, i used them hunting in heavy tree coverage and no problem, was also impressed with the radio range. only problem is my dad with tryfocal glasses has a problem reading the screen. that is why im selling mine, only used 4 days
very happy with the 120 though
giddyup

bought two 120's for myself and dad for hunting. however I carry mine sledding and love it. I think the 120 is the best for ease of use and basic working fuctions however the higher models have the built in maps you can download which is nice to find roads, landmarks, etc. I use my 120 sledding to communicate and it works great. GPS carries good signal unless your in a heavy timber canopy in middle of bfe then its hit miss. but most time sledding i'm up on top of higher mtn ranges and gps has more then the 3 sat. requirements to work. buddy has the 530 i believe it is and bought the topo map program and thats nice to see if your on a road or if something happens where the nearest road and way out is... for the $130 on ebay go with the 120 but if cash is no issue then the higher models with longer radio range and map capabilities are amazing. would like to get the upper model one day but the diff or 130 bucks vs. 400bucks is not realistic for the functions right now. either way rhinos are the best bang for the buck if your an outdoorsman. for the records we have four of these out of the 6 guys we hunt with during idaho archery elk season and no issues and everyone between 27 - 56 is able to function it........................................... right up there with a beacon in my book! good luck and ebay is the way to save $50 on these babies after xmas of course.

Premium Features