• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 600 hesitates when drift jumping.

I
Feb 6, 2011
I am new to this forum as a member but I have used it often for advise- you guys know your stuff. Keep up the good work. Here is my problem...

I have a 2007 IQ 600 cleanfire cfi that hesitates when powder drifting, jumping and landing- very frustrating. At WOT it will hesitate for a second when the front end dips as it hits a soft drift. Immediately comes right back to WOT. Frustrating because when I need the power the most it hesitates for a split second. The situation has been getting steadily worse (slightly longer hesitations before it comes back). It seems to act like a fouling plug but I am not sure if it is electrical or fuel related. On flat hard pack there are no issues. If I hit a jump in the hard pack on trails, no issues. If I am going through a powder ditch at WOT and hit a jump- it hesitates. If I land in soft snow, it hesitates. I can also sometimes get it to do it while "carving" or "boondocking". Where do I look? Very frustrating.

Sled history: I have owned it since new- all was great until it burned down on the right side cylinder due to an intake rubber seperation from throttle body injector assembly. After warranty work on this, I have had the hesitation problem - not sure if they are related. Problem is- warranty work was done the tail end of that year, did not notice problem until warranty was up.

It has always taken two pulls to start- sometimes quits running once at a cold idle. Real rough idle until it warms up. Seems to idle warm at 2200 rpm.

Where do I start to look? My dealer wants an "open end" to find the problem. I am not sure how to simulate the problem in a shop. I would have to find some soft drift launches and landings to demonstrate.

Please advise- has anyone had this issue?

Thanks all for your help.

O

Outlaw525s

Nov 19, 2010
Ever try a temperature sensor..??? Have had a couple do this before.. another common thing with this sled is the VR.... Ask your dealer to hook it up to the comp. and test it out... my buddues was the EGZACT same thing when he owned one and it was the temp sensor... Perty easy fix!

E
Jan 18, 2008
St. Paul, AB
Take 50cents worth of RTV sealant tip your sled on its side and seal all around the exhaust outlet where it meets the bodywork and your problem is solved! No PCV, ECU, VR or other expensive problem here. In the deep snow the exhaust pressurizes the underhood area and displaces the oxygen and causes an exremely rich bog.

I
Feb 6, 2011
Elctrotech,
Thank you for your explaination. Are you thinking that the soft snow forces the exhaust back up under the hood? And, by sealing around the exhaust pipe the exhaust will stay outside? It makes sense but seems way to easy. I will try this and see what happens.

When I talked with my dealer, he seemed to think it might be TPS voltage or not set correctly.

Your fix seems way easier.

I will give it a try.

Thanks
Mark

I
Feb 6, 2011
Electrotech,
I will try this tomorrow and maybe run it this weekend to see- could you tell me- how do you figure this sh@@ out? I pride myself on being somewhat mechanical and able to figure stuff like this out- I never would have thought.....??? The more I think of it- makes sense but way toooooo easy.
Thanks
I will give it a try.

P
Feb 26, 2011
me too

did this fix work i have the same problem with my 08 dragon sb 700. it will send u over the bars then kick back in and go again. i had it to the dealer for reflash but didnt work.

P
Feb 26, 2011
he's my story

bought this 08 dragon sb 700 new. i have had the same problems as the other guys from day one. the bog . the dealer put a pipe plug in the coolant hose with a 1/4 " hole trying to warm the motor up when riding. he also suggested to in stall flow rites in the gauge pod which i did. i have had it back for a reflash in feb of 2011 still didnt fix it. i read somewhere the guys are plugging of the hoses to the power valves i tryed that today but didnt work. im going to try the rtv sealent tommorow but i cannot see this working to well becauce i think the force of the air comming in the vents or the hood would keep enought fresh air in there. but ill give it a shot.
i dont even what to ride this thing like this
plz help some one

D

dotter

Mar 10, 2009
Red wing MN
700 600 bogs

Can you unhook the throttle, kill switch, like on the carb models? Connector is above air box. key will still work, easy to try may eliminate 1 possible problem.

Last edited:
P
Feb 26, 2011
tryed the rtv

i had a chance to try the rtv but didnt work. today i ripped into and found that my carb boots were ripped or delamianted. i tryed to glue it back together because it will take a couple of weeks to get a new one. i'll put up a posted if the glue job works.

L
Sep 6, 2011
Old thread I know, but did anyone figure out exactly what was causing this issue? Only on landings and sometimes busting drifts in the ditch. I would have been thrown over the bars multiple times, but it normally kicks back almost instantly after the stall and pulls me back down.

Duff

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Wheaton, MN
I've read countless threads on this issue and I've never once saw a clear answer. My sled does this same thing, anytime it leaves the ground or hits a soft drift it dies momentarily then comes roaring back. I've serviced the clutches, new springs, cleaned /plugged VES, checked compression, changed fuel filter and checked the pickup tubes in the tank. Its still doing it.

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
check the rubber mounts!!

I've read countless threads on this issue and I've never once saw a clear answer. My sled does this same thing, anytime it leaves the ground or hits a soft drift it dies momentarily then comes roaring back. I've serviced the clutches, new springs, cleaned /plugged VES, checked compression, changed fuel filter and checked the pickup tubes in the tank. Its still doing it.

Look in to it!!

Duff

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Wheaton, MN
UPDATE: It was the fricken exhaust snow deflector. Old one busted off some years ago, put a new one on and its ran great!

Premium Features