• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

why is my rmk 900 bogging at 2600 rpm

M
Feb 20, 2018
2005 polaris rmk 900 I have pretty much replaced everything on it it seems like. It has new intake boots, reeds, cleaned throttle bodies, new stator, voltage regulator, new engine rebuild, new tps sensor, new exhaust sensor, new DET sensor. I have gone through the entire wiring harness checking wires and I have found nothing. Ive tried several different little knacks like TSS issues or clutch issues and it has gotten me no where and it still bogs super hard and won't rev over 2500 or 2600 rpms, it idles beautifully though. any help would be great

M
Feb 20, 2018
entire fuel system is new and the tps has been reset. I also tried refreshing the ecu and trying a different ecu and no change. My only idea is that the fuel pump isn't putting out enough pressure at full throttle or half throttle. It will idle fine but as soon as you rev up it drops out.

M
Feb 20, 2018
yes the ecu is the same year i made sure of that. I will be checking fuel pressure but the first dealership said it was fine. The one it is at now says the tss is shorting out when you mess with the throttle and making the sled bog so thats getting replaced then they will retest fuel pressure throughout the range of throttle.

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
It actualy will go down the trail at 2500 RPM ?

Most Sleds the Clutch is barely engaged at 2500.

Do you have a broken Primary spring or other clutch issue ?

M
Feb 20, 2018
quick update. I have gotten it to rev perfectly in reverse but in forward its trying to get above 2600 but it isn't doing it yet. It will touch every now and then up at 3500 but it just bogs back down to an idle and then back to 2600.

Premium Features