• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'15 LT TSS vs. '16 ST

F
Jan 7, 2017
Trying to decide what to buy....I can get a 2015 long track with tss, barely used for about the same price I could pick up a 2016 short track (not tss).
I'm reading how much better the '16 tracks are, and that a 16 st will handle powder about as good as a '15 lt. The only snowbikes i've rode were '15 lt and st, I liked the lt better at the time. I want a good all-around kit, but id rather have a kit thats better at handling big jumps than deep powder.
Which kit would you choose and why?

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
For sure not thinking needed the 16 will climb and powder ride the same as the 15... Track makes a huge difference.. I have a 15 Lt that I upgraded to the 16 track this year... I wish 99 percent of the time I would have bought and St.. jumping and handling wise the st feels way better...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

F
Jan 7, 2017
16 kit for sure. ST convex is way better. Where do you live? what is your budget?

Live in western Iowa...so if I get to ride here st would be better. Usually ride the snowies in WY.
Budget?...don't really have a number but I don't like taking the depreciation hit buying anything brand new, so pretty sure I'll buy used. Really no used '16 kits for sale right now, but should be some after this season. My goal is to have a snowbike setup for next season as I can't get away much this winter.
There's a '15 lt with tss a few hours away and it could be bought for 4000 or less which is tempting, but its sounding like I'll be happier on a '16 st

F
Jan 7, 2017
Depending on what prices you're talking, why not look at the RAW? There is a rebate out now so you can get them for $3,799.

if the prices are the same, I'd take the RAW over the other two options you listed.

Guess I haven't looked into it, but I figured since it's the "economy" model I'd rather have a st, even if it's used...I dont mind paying more for a superior product. Where did they shave cost on the raw?

Guess I haven't looked into it, but I figured since it's the "economy" model I'd rather have a st, even if it's used...I dont mind paying more for a superior product. Where did they shave cost on the raw?

There is no powder coating on the aluminum parts, no flex arm and RydeFX shocks. But the little bit that I've ridden the raw I didn't notice the lack of the flex in the front and the shocks worked really good.

By going to a 17 model over a 16 you'll get much better (stronger) rails, better bump stops and you won't have to deal with chains that are going to fail.

If you're a jumper you might have trouble with the rails on the 16 - and you might have trouble with the shocks on the RAW. I'd rather spend money on upgrading shocks on the RAW vs. replacing rails on the 2016, at least that way you're making the kit better vs. just fixing it.

Premium Features