• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel Heat Exchanger on the MH

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
The valve is made by spi.... as far as the intake Timbersled said it was fine as is..... I think it is good for it to move some to get the snow off it.... Thoughts?

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Maybe....... we got some good snow over the weekend..... I am sure if I get above 9000 I can find something acceptable... The last thing I have to do is bend the pipe a bit away from the case because it is touching a smidgen on the water pump... Then we will see...

S
Feb 15, 2015
CO, western slope
Maybe....... we got some good snow over the weekend..... I am sure if I get above 9000 I can find something acceptable... The last thing I have to do is bend the pipe a bit away from the case because it is touching a smidgen on the water pump... Then we will see...
If you find enough snow out there, I will throw my kit on and drive.

I think it moving around might be a good idea, I would just be afraid coming down on a hard jump it moving too much. It is a lot lighter than I thought, so probably would support itself. I guess carry ties just in case the first go round.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Bike is looking good! I wonder if the mountain addiction gas can would clear as well? I did the same thing as you with my cooler ( mylers; same location on the tunnel). I was thinking just some plastic or foam under the gas can so it clears the hoses and fittings, then redrill the hold down straps up a little higher to reach.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I thought the same but I wanted a little more fuel capacity without a desert tank... But this is a little shorter than going that route.. We tested it with the tss like you said and the fender touched.. At this point the budget is blown anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I love my small town ... I told them it was only going to be ran in the winter and had a ski and track... The reclassified the vin as a snowmobile... You should of seen the confused look of dnr win he though he was going to give me a ticket in the parking lot

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Nice! Maybe I'll have to run out to heber and try sometime. I havn't tried yet in slc. Just hoping the local smokeys won't harass me up at guardsmans with my moto registration. I'll know soon. They love to hang out up there. It's usually the unified or sheriff though. Not the DNR.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Nice! Maybe I'll have to run out to heber and try sometime. I havn't tried yet in slc. Just hoping the local smokeys won't harass me up at guardsmans with my moto registration. I'll know soon. They love to hang out up there. It's usually the unified or sheriff though. Not the DNR.

So there is one dnr in Heber that gives people a hard time about anything ... No matter what... I know before I had a machine for season around they made me get a snow sticker then get a dirt one for the wheels ... Let me know next time your headed up guardsman I usually ride snake creek and out the back of timberlakes always looking for people to ride with .

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Sounds good! I live right at the bottom of big, so guardsman has been my go to for years with a sled. First year with the snowbike. Pretty excited! Still trying to build it but it should be done by the weekend (i hope).

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
If you find enough snow out there, I will throw my kit on and drive.

I think it moving around might be a good idea, I would just be afraid coming down on a hard jump it moving too much. It is a lot lighter than I thought, so probably would support itself. I guess carry ties just in case the first go round.

Zip ties , duck tape, and fiber fix never leave home with out it

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Done and done we will see how she rides this weekend

0117bf4a108e1a609134df08e57f3aeb.jpg

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Took her for a test ride in some pretty thin snow and hot damn the tunnel cooler is the ticket... Steady 125 to 130... Rekluse with all tungsten calls works incredibly better also ...now we need more snow...

B

Bigred1

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar DMV called slc and they issued a dirt sticker and said if I get a ticking to bring it I. And they would fix it. Love small towns

Premium Features