• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

YETI SNOW MX teaser shots

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Nobody can possible despise the prices more than myself but you guys and gals are missing a very important point , it's the weight , some don't care about the bling but it's a whole different ball game when it comes to the weight .

When the bike kits started making the big push it was all about weight and the answer was a 250 . I'm looking at this and thinking are you guys nutz ? You can't fight your way out of a paper bag let alone get off the trail .

Now that the push is no less than a 450 it's starting to make sense , but it's still not enough , it's getting there and guess what ? Your weight is becoming no different than the sleds and they keep getting lighter .

These guys just upped the anti .

Same weight as sleds? My 570 is one of the heavier snow bikes and its a hundred#+ lighter than a Pro(the lightest sled ever) and that's full of fuel.

S
Oct 5, 2008
Okanagan
Figured I'd put this one to bed for you guys. Attached pics of 2013 pro 155 turbo full of fluid ready to ride and a 2014 KTM 500 with 121 TS short track ready to ride.
Bike is still down power to weight ratio but i doubt they'll ever be comparable. Its different riding all together. Bike is adventure and sled is adrenaline.
Couldn't upload pics because there screen shots with name and number on them but there 530 lbs for pro and 325 lbs for bike.

Last edited:

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Figured I'd put this one to bed for you guys. Attached pics of 2013 pro 155 turbo full of fluid ready to ride and a 2014 KTM 500 with 121 TS short track ready to ride.
Bike is still down power to weight ratio but i doubt they'll ever be comparable. Its different riding all together. Bike is adventure and sled is adrenaline.
Couldn't upload pics because there screen shots with name and number on them but there 530 lbs for pro and 325 lbs for bike.

that's OVER 200lbs! Amazing. You can tell too. Sure its doesn't rip like a sled does, but damn they get around like you can't believe. I'm having a blast!!!

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
i cant resist any longer

With the us dollar where its at the kits aren't far apart! Consider that you get what you pay for. I rode the yeti on a stock 500 earlier in the season and it ran right beside a 450 turbo with ts. That being said the 450 undoubtedly made more power but the yeti put a much higher percentage of it to the snow. And was 70lbs lighter overall. Its a game changer no matter how you critique it, and it will drive ts to continue to evolve the sport. Without 2 teams to cheer for there is no game! Cheers yeti:wine:and I can't wait to strap one one! Lol

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Yep, I think it is a fair deal personally. Not that I can afford it but I would if I could! Maybe next year I will get smoked by one and be forced to pony up!

M
Jan 14, 2004
The CDN dollar hit 79 cents yesterday and that's the bank rate, if you are buying USD its at least going to be 22 cents so that's 22% savings or you US guys on a C3 and a 22% premium on a TS for us Canadians. That pretty much makes them the same price. Where the problem lies is in the materials C3 uses, likely many of them come from the US like the tracks for example so maintaining pricing I'm thinking will be impossible over the long term. Moral, If you are thinking about it buy now if you are American or Canadian because nothing is going to get any cheaper.

That's my morning couch analysis of the global economy. LOL.

M5

Last edited:
M
Oct 26, 2008
This is a crazy conversation! Anyone that has built a custom sled knows that when you start playing with carbon fibre and titanium! This price is not bad at all! Weight in snow is everything, especially in vertical hills! Ask anyone with a late 90's to mid 2000's hill climber how many ten's of thousands we spent to shave that couple extra pounds off, especially rotating mass. Huge! I've never been on one a TS or Yeti but I know if there is a 40lbs difference! I will be looking hard at the Yeti!
Just a opinion from a old school Sledder that took a 640lb tank and turned it into a decent 468lb climber! Who said a v-max4 wouldn't work in the mountains! There were a couple that did! :becky:

S
Apr 2, 2013
Agreed 100%. I am also a long time friend of one of the Yeti guys for 25 years or so. All I can say is,he is a focused individual and has always taken things to the next level no matter what he does!! Knowing him for so long,I would suspect that his passion for growing the sport to the next level and beyond is far above any immediate financial gains. Of course it is a huge undertaking and the end goal is to be profitable, that is common business sense. But I would say to the critics at this point.... watch what happens. It is going to be insane with him and his team, it is really just getting started in my opinion.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
Just a thought. If there is a large enough demand for these snowbike kits and a large amount of people are willing to pay $9000 for one, than it would be worth wild for a company to make a complete snowbike like the snowhawk. Think about it. People buy these kits because they already have a bike. Not as many people buy a bike for the kit. One selling point for the kit is that you can convert you bike to ride in snow. $9000 most people are not willing to pay that so its a very limited market. Also, that is the price for a hold over sled. Why put the wear and tear on you bike that is not designed to turn a track. This would be a good time for Honda to come into the snowmobile market, or others, by making a snowbike that is setup just for snow. This would give you a better handling and dimension bike not like the snowbike kits. For the price you could have you summer moto bike and a separate winter bike. I'm sure a company could make a snowbike like the snowhawk for 9K pretty easy.

S
Feb 15, 2015
CO, western slope
Just a thought. If there is a large enough demand for these snowbike kits and a large amount of people are willing to pay $9000 for one, than it would be worth wild for a company to make a complete snowbike like the snowhawk. Think about it. People buy these kits because they already have a bike. Not as many people buy a bike for the kit. One selling point for the kit is that you can convert you bike to ride in snow. $9000 most people are not willing to pay that so its a very limited market. Also, that is the price for a hold over sled. Why put the wear and tear on you bike that is not designed to turn a track. This would be a good time for Honda to come into the snowmobile market, or others, by making a snowbike that is setup just for snow. This would give you a better handling and dimension bike not like the snowbike kits. For the price you could have you summer moto bike and a separate winter bike. I'm sure a company could make a snowbike like the snowhawk for 9K pretty easy.

It will get there eventually. But I think the prices will be more in line with other machines around 12k give or take depending on the model. Considering retail on dirt bikes is dang near 9k already.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
It will get there eventually. But I think the prices will be more in line with other machines around 12k give or take depending on the model. Considering retail on dirt bikes is dang near 9k already.

You're probably right on with the price but still 9k for a snowbike kit. The market will determine whether they can stay in business. If people can and are willing to buy them, then good for Yeti. I really want one but can't justify the price and it's not because I can't afford it. I can think of many other toys to buy for the price. It's a great day for Timbersled. I still can't justify the price of a Timbersled so maybe I'll have to sit this one out.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
With the Canadian / American exchange rate what it is the Yeti is essentially the same price as the heavy antiquated (high maintenance) Timbersled. For the same investment you are getting a far superior product going with a Yeti. If I had a bike, I'd have a Yeti. I can not afford to buy both at the moment. : (

I
Sep 17, 2013
Some BRP reps came into my shop the other day and asked if I was interested in dealing Ski-Doo. I pointed to the Mtn Horse outfitted bikes on the floor and asked when their sleds would look like that:lol:
Until they do, I am not interested.

Reading these posts, a few key points need to be made about the asserted value comparison of snowbikes to sleds:

#1. Motorcycles are super-durable..sleds only wish they could attain the level of durability that bikes have...thus your snowbike is capable of far more trouble-free miles than the best sled. This equals more $$$ in your pocket in maintenance fees alone.
#2. Fuel savings: On a long day I burn 3-4 gallons of av gas with my turbo 500 KTM, whereas on a long day with my turbo Nytro I would burn 8-12 gallons of the same cost fuel, so put another $30-50(+oil $$ on 2 strokes) in your pocket each ride.
#3. Resale Value: Used Mtn Horse kits only experience up to a 30% value loss in resale vs a 45-50% loss on sleds...more $$$ saved.
#4. My body doesn't hurt after a long day on the bike...my back isn't out and I can ride again the 3rd and 4th day on a trip. $$$ in your pocket for chiropractors...massage therapists..Aleve...etc.
#5. I and seven buddies can put our snow bikes in a 4 place trailer and go ride, or put four on a sled deck, or two in the back of a truck...$$$ saved.
#6. Knowing that when winter sucks like this year, I am not stuck looking at an $8,000 waste of garage space that I paid $14,000 for and was only able to put 500 miles on and now needs new carbides, hifax, shock rebuilds, track...all because of the sacked out low snow trails that I had to ride to get to the "good stuff".
#7. Last but certainly not least: The exhilarating feeling when you KNOW you are the first person on a snow-anything to be where you are at...Priceless!
Bottom line: The value of snowbikes, whether 2 Moto, Yeti, Timbersled, or even the Sno Ripper, is not in the parts count, it is in the experience.
When we cough up the $$ for a conversion kit, we are putting money back in the pockets of those who first gambled to make our sport of winter motorized recreation better.
The conversion kit manufacturers, who have earned the reputation through much sweat, ridicule and investment, will then put that money to good use making the next kit we buy that much better and the used one we sell, a valuable commodity. The '16 Mtn Horse is a fine example. Sooo much better, same price.
So quit your whining and ride.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Some BRP reps came into my shop the other day and asked if I was interested in dealing Ski-Doo. I pointed to the Mtn Horse outfitted bikes on the floor and asked when their sleds would look like that:lol:
Until they do, I am not interested.

You sold me right there ,

Hawk 02-2015,1.jpg

Premium Features