• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Solutions for MtnHorse lust for more power...

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
This looks like a great product. Wish i had this on the kx last year as jetting was my major problem. will have to see if i put a kit back under the kx again this year and get a power jet install for sure. Thanks guys.

Solutions with lust involved can lead to a lot of things

Now here is an old thread worthy of reviving. Lots of subjects get worked, reworked, rehashed, buried, hijacked as the so called moderators call it. This is the KING of them all, POWER and LUST or should I say lust for power. My question is Allen just what exactly happened to that R1? How did it perform on the snow? What other old and new projects are cookin along? Come on guys I,m gettin itchy, itchy for a look into ur creative juices to see what's gonna be trackin the pow this year.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
slow and steady getting more out of my kx5.

pipe picked up 10 peak. tq almost flat from 6 to 8500.

Attachments

• Kx5 pipe 2.jpg
    Kx5 pipe 2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Kx5 pipe 1.jpg
    Kx5 pipe 1.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 30

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Portgrinder...Beautiful work!!

Sincere question, How do you plan to keep that pipe hot?

What kind of protection do you have planned?

attachment.php

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
i dont think its really an issue. torque just ends up being at a lower rpm if its cold.

rode around lots real slow where the pipe is so cold the snow sticks to it. and it runs pretty good. downhill powder through trees ect.

if you had a real peaky pipe it might cause trouble.

Draxxus

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2009
vancouver
Heard rumors those huge pipes melt pistons on long long pulls , let us know how your build holds up , sure is sweet looking and gona make some good feelings when you throw a leg over and twist wfo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features