• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KTM300XC Build Project

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
What ended up breaking on the 300 after a hard season in the snow? Do you end up doing a top end every 50 hours because of wot all the time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
What ended up breaking on the 300 after a hard season in the snow? Do you end up doing a top end every 50 hours because of wot all the time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The owner of the White one I built and the other 300's I am in contact with broke nothing. There isn't much to brake on the 2 stroke. The 50 hr rebuild is a 4 stroke recommendation, not the 2 stroke. The 2 stroke is happy singing it's song for hours. I personally will put in a fresh piston every fall. 5 Bolts and a cer clip, $180 and takes about an hour. The most important thing and only thing really, is air/fuel. Don't just lean it out until it "feels right". On long WOT pulls, you could squeak it. I recommend tuning with an AFR at 13 to 13.8 or an EGT for 1200f. Then "Braap Braap", go play!

Premium Features