• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Silencer/Can for IQ?

Best Silencer/Can for IQ's?

• Total voters
A

ajb1205

Jan 20, 2012
My 2010 Assault has a can from Specialty Sleds in Edmonton. I haven't had a chance to compare it to my bro-in-laws MBRP can but I think it's fairly close sound wise.

300rummt

Dec 2, 2011
SW, MT
I had had a SLP on for 2 years.After the fix and PA head it is so much louder i like it but i bought the skinz . SLP was broke around the two inter spring hooks tig welded it but worried about the inside.Super Q sounds great!

NDFARMER95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2011
Mooreton, ND
Ran SLP pipe and can on 06 rmk. Loved the performance jump and throttle response but it was too quiet. Switched it to a SS rumble pack with SLP pipe. Now that sounded sick.

S

scott t

Dec 6, 2010
Northern Wisconsin
cans

I run an slp, like the sound and not too loud. Bikeman makes a good can too. Cans themselves add very very little if any horsepower at all. Some actually you loose hp. THey are lighter though and sound good.

S

SaskRMK

Sep 7, 2010
Saskatoon,SK
my slp pipe and silencer were not as loud as just my mbrp silencer with stock pipe. I just swapped my mbrp silencer with slp pipe back in tonight and its very loud even at idle. looking forward to actually hearing it when riding this weekend

T

ttyR2

Nov 26, 2007
I love the HPS can on my '08 700. Sounds like a bunch of angry bees when at full throttle climbing a hill. I get lots of compliments about how the sled sounds!

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
I'm a fan of the SPG cans... super high quality, flow bench developed/tested and flat out works.

I also belive that a quiet sled is better than a loud one when riding on public lands.

how does the ultra-q compare to the slp can in overall sound. i'm looking to replace my failing slp and wouldn't mind a deeper tone but don't want to go too loud. a little extra sound is fine but i'd like to stay away from the cans that scream at WOT.

L
Nov 25, 2010
W. Washington
I've had 3 different brands over the last few years. SLP is nice, but little too quiet for my liking. The loudest I've had is PPP (precision performance products). Very loud, even at idle. my favorite is the HPS. awesome sound. Not too loud at idle. Has a lower tone to it. Crack the throttle and It sounds bad @$$!

B

bwylde

Mar 19, 2011
Vancouver Island
I like the SLP on my 900. It has a good crisp unique rap to it, buy not overly loud. (Not like my Road Glide/Merch with Vance & Hines 4" mufflers...lol couldnt resist)

D

danduvall

Jan 28, 2010
n.e. ohio
I love my CPI STINGERS can on my 900 IQ. Best sounding !!! Pretty quiet at low rpm. But she really YIIIIIIIPPPS at wot!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Premium Features