• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Holz D&R install, step by step with pics

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
600xc4me I just installed the drop kit in my dragon but have not put the skid back in yet what was your solution to the track being tight on the chaincase side?

I don't really have one. flipped the sled on it's side, then went to work with a hammer and punch trying to bend the guard in a bit. But you can only bend it so and so far till it's as tight as it can be against the bulk head. But if I were you, with the suspension still out, see how far you can get it to bend. Suck it up as tight to the bulk head as you can. I have about 1/8 inch clearance there. I'm expecting it to touch now and then. But at least it's flat, and shouldn't damage the track. You will likely also have to grind away half of the thickness on the chain case mounting bolt head that goes through the guard. Mine doesn't cause pressure on the track anymore when it turns, but I can see the bolt has blackies on in, so it is still touching from time to time....

Premium Features