• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

electric start on m1100 t le

A

AK HooligaN

Feb 15, 2008
Cats web sight shows this sled with standard electric start. If so thats alot of weight you could remove right there, if possible. Is there any way around this electric start.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I doubt you could pull start a 4 stroke sled with a recoil...most likely yank your arm off...as far as I know of..all 4 strokes are e-start only..no recoil on them....I suppose you could do a hand crank the way they used to do cars years ago.....(J/K).......

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I doubt you could pull start a 4 stroke sled with a recoil...most likely yank your arm off...as far as I know of..all 4 strokes are e-start only..no recoil on them....I suppose you could do a hand crank the way they used to do cars years ago.....(J/K).......
that would be correct. street bikes, yamaha snowmobiles... they all have high compression and you are not able to turn the thing over besides an electric starter.

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
My kawasaki atv has a recoil for starting when the battery is dead it's 750cc. I wouldn't want to even attempt it at 0° on a cold engine.

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
You wouldn't want to be starting a 4 stroke all the time with a pull cord. You'd be begging for the e-start after one ride.

My 700cc king quad had a pull start for back up. It was able to start first or second pull most of the time but if you hit a compression stroke it would pull back, HARD! almost popped my shoulder out one time.

4stroke = e-start.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
well, consider this too, the turbo motor is most likely lower compression than the 1100 non-turbo, the best way to do it would be a decompression mechanism like they do one the dirtbikes, but that would be something that would most likely need to be manufactured at the factory. another thing to consider is its only a twin.... id say its possible, would require quite a bit of engineering

Premium Features