• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1100 Turbo Maintenance Schedule

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Anyone have an abreviated maintenance schedule for a sled that has an 1100 Turbo in it? I know someone mentioned something about valve adjustment at 5000 miles, but I'm wondering about oil changes and any other stuff that is expected.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Break engine in for 300 miles with a full petroleum oil. Ride in with varied throttle openings with no long wide open runs.

Change oil filter and oil with petroleum again and run 300 or 400 more miles of normal riding. At that point switch to a full synthetic oil and rip it. I would check the valves on a turbo sled at about 1500 miles just for fun. On a non turbo I would not bother checking them until you have 5000 or so miles on it.

After that I would change the oil every 1000 miles or each season, whichever comes first.

Make sure to do all the regular routing stuff as well i.e. chaincase, skegs, hifax etc.

I like to change the oil more often on the turbo because the oil is going through the whole engine and the turbocharger as well and is exposed to a lot of heat.

Oh, don't forget to wipe the grin off your face at the end of each day. Don't worry it'll be back.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
So can I assume that it has petroleum oil in it when I first pick it up from the dealer, or should I change it myself when I first get it?

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Oh, don't forget to wipe the grin off your face at the end of each day. Don't worry it'll be back.

No truer words have been spoken on this site in the last two months!!!!

Boost is addictive!!!!!!!!!!!

Premium Features