• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Reeds

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
With the development of our turbo kits we have used TDR turbo specific reeds in past builds and with our XP turbo kit the new reeds are different. We are having TDR build turbo specific reeds for the XP cage and anyone can call and order them from them if you need them. You can also order from us too if you wish. They will be available very soon. There are other options out there too, but I just thought I would pass the information on to those with other kits that need a turbo reed.

Dave Halverson
R&D Custom Turbo Werx

Sep 17, 2009
Oregon
Where can I get a set of turbo reeds for a 01 Summit 700 that I am building? Also looking for an oil pump and oil tank? Thanks Chris

C

cs1006

Jan 1, 2008
you can call boyseen reeds for all of your turbo reeds as well , just installed my new petals today

S

skull

TDR Does not have any reeds yet he wanted me to send him a cage so he could make some. Unless you have some special top secret reed.

Don't run stainless i tried them in my poo and when they go bad so does everthing else.

Boyseen I hear is going to make some but nothing out yet only a few proto types out right now. There is a number but they are not shipping. I have a set of these. Look good.

reeds are a problem in any turbo application and have been forever. things are coming just relax.

K
Oct 2, 2008
Clarkston W.A.
keep us posted.

Please keep us posted, if we can get a good reed in there there will be alot more consistant days(reeds in a xp arnt that much fun to change) i went through three sets last year, they all broke top side, outside corners off the pettals. Thanks..

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I have no idea where you got your information, but it's wrong and due to that please keep from posting the wrong info in my thread. I sent the reeds to Tony in early summer and he is has part of them done and they will be completed soon. Reeds aren't really a problem in my book, you just have to be sure other things don't cause any issues for the reeds. As far as relaxing, I'm cool as a cucumber;). There are others who should relax. I posted this info for those in need of a good turbo reed for the XP and not give wrong info.

Dave Halverson
R&D Custom Turbo Werx

TDR Does not have any reeds yet he wanted me to send him a cage so he could make some. Unless you have some special top secret reed.

Don't run stainless i tried them in my poo and when they go bad so does everthing else.

Boyseen I hear is going to make some but nothing out yet only a few proto types out right now. There is a number but they are not shipping. I have a set of these. Look good.

reeds are a problem in any turbo application and have been forever. things are coming just relax.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
on the topic, doo and poo both still use a carb boot that will come apart, total POS...most stockish doo and poo boots come apart in 1500ish miles

on a cat sled, the Tony dukas did nothing but cost more....ive got a stack of em, double stacking stock reeds seems to be the ticket for use M sled guys...cheaper and lasts much longer then the dukas

JMO

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Humm, that's funny. I have a turboed Cat and with the TDR reeds at 16-18psi I can get over 1000 miles without an issue. I have ran the stock reeds with some luck in the Ski-Doos, but they will still fail. The TDR will fail too, just not as quickly. I'm just trying to give helpfull info here and people keep tracking things up.:confused:

Dave

on the topic, doo and poo both still use a carb boot that will come apart, total POS...most stockish doo and poo boots come apart in 1500ish miles

on a cat sled, the Tony dukas did nothing but cost more....ive got a stack of em, double stacking stock reeds seems to be the ticket for use M sled guys...cheaper and lasts much longer then the dukas

JMO

S
Sep 2, 2009
I am confused D you said that you think the reeds are not the problem in your book, but say we need reeds. which way is it? :confused: where are the reed failing and how many have you gone through on the xp? All the talk on your kits talk about high boost. I dont want that. I dont want pump gas. i just want a good running 10-12# boosted sled. will the stock reeds hold up?

Can you please post some numbers for tdr so i may call them direct. As for the boysen reeds. Boysen bought out carbon tech and there pat #'s. that should bee a good reed if they are the problem. use to use them in my motocross bike. found this info out at boise show.

I just need to get the product # from Boysen.

F

Fack

Nov 28, 2007
If I'm reading right this thread was started by DWHalverson to tell everyone that he had Doukas build some turbo reeds for the ski doo and you could order them from him or from Doukas. He even states that there are OTHER OPTIONS. There are things that can be done to help prevent reed breakage and that all goes back to initial design. I think Mr. Halverson has addressed some of these problems in his kit, and has even added a level of confidence by having some Doukas reeds built. This thread really is that simple.

-Fack

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Talked to boyseen about 10 months ago and had these as proto types a while back,

Here are the Boyseen numbers

For the stock cage they are # 207HT

If you would like to order the rad valve with turbo specific reed then order

# rad 85a-2 /turbo specific reed

you will need to ask for the turbo reed on this product. All reeds come as engine set.

Tony also builds great reeds

Now i am not saying that these reeds will last forever but they will hold up quite a bit longer

Premium Features