• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP Turbo Kits---soon!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I now have some of the prices listed.

Dave

I'm working on some of the priceing today and will hopefully have a close estamite by the end of this week. I will post the prices along with the pictures if the coater comes through for me this week. I think I will price the kits out a few ways to make it easier for those interested. Along with the kits, the instructions will come with a purchase order number that I will file along with name, date, price paid and all the part numbers for all components used in that particular kit. That way if there is any questions or changes with the kits I will have the information available to me to know what has been used if a customer need support. You never know what suppliers will stop makeing whatever and then I would have to change components. I like to be informed to be able to help.

The price on the kits I think I will do:

BASIC KIT: Everything needed to have a turbo minus the EGT or AFR gauge and clutching. You can buy later or try your own clutching. This would be less of a hit on the wallet. $4700 US. Shipping and 6% sales tax not included.

STANDARD KIT: Would include clutching, but would not include the EGT or AFR gauge. This is what I would think most would be interested in. $4700 + $300 US. Shipping and 6% sales tax not included.

FULL TILT KIT: Would be complete with everything with you choice of either EGT or AFR. $4700 + $300 + $350 = $5350 US. Shipping and 6% sales tax not included.

Along with all these will still be options as far as any powder coating, chroming, anodizing and polishing along with a price for installation.

These are just some things I have thought about to make it easy for everyone involved. Any other suggestions would be great. The website deal is still in the works, but all that cost money and I'm trying to keep the price in check.

Dave Halverson

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Yeah, $4700 for the basic turbo kit plus shiping and sales 6% tax. Does not include any clutching or EGT/AFR gauge. It does come with both liquid filled fuel and boost gauges though. The basic kit I can have available hopefully by the end of May. There is a lot more paperwork involved that I need to get finished first. This is the part of the selling game that is foriegn to me and I am sifting my way through it. The other kits will be available later as I am getting the final clutching and jetting done now. All kits would require a $2000 deposit with the balance due on compeltion of your specific kit. Out of the deposit if the buyer backs out, $1500 will be refunded. These are not mass produced so some lead time is needed. I am still working on some pictures and know people want pictures before any money has changed hands. I'm working on those, so please be patient.

Dave Halverson

So 4700 for everything we need for the setup to work. (I will clutch it for my purpose) When will these kits be available??

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Thank you :beer;. I have the charge tube and the turbo exhaust after pipe sent off now. I am having some quotes for building them all one piece and mandrel bent. The charge tube is mandrel bent now but I would like to eliminate the welds if the price isn't to bad. Also getting quotes for anodizing while they have my parts.

I also got my phone call from the Sate about my tax license application and it is being processed. When I get that I have a few more documents to take care of and then hopefully by June I can release the kits for sale.

I would like to thank everyone for being patient and taking an interest in the build. I have obviously been caught off gaurd with the response and I WILL get pictures before any kits will be sold. I do have a website established, but as of now ther is nothing there. I will continue with this post and the website will be finished last.

Dave Halverson
R&D Custom Turbo Werx
"We Sell Horsepower"
605-791-2291
dwhalverson@rap.midco.net

S
Dec 5, 2007
Boise ID
I've been watching this thread along with the BB option and considering my options. I like the rep you have on here Dave and I'm intersted in you kit... but for my REV instead. Do you still offer that? If so, what is the cost for a basic, rider installed kit. I have EGTs but would need the other gauges. Might be best to replace the 2 window with a single 4???

Other thing, I'd like to ride a sled set up with your kit before I throw down that much money. No offense intended and I'm sure you can understand that. Do you have anyone running one in the SE Idaho or Boise area? I rode a race gas TM8 (09) last year near preston and really like the way it made power so i'm thinking that kind of power on a chasis that I already know and love would be better than a new XP... whadda think?

thanks,

Hauler

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
Hello,
I'm looking at switching over to the 4-stroker this year and wondering if you'll be putting a kit together over summer. Most of the kits out right now are too expensive. I know you mentioned before that you were thinking about it. Would those kits be more coin or less? It sounds like people really trust your work. Maybe you could start another thread about the 4-stroker when you get this baby ironed out. Thanks

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
We would be willing to build a kit for the Rev chassis. I would have to figure out an exact price. It should be close to the XP kits. What year of Rev is it? The EGTs you have now would still be fine and the kits come with boost and fuel pressure gauges. I understand wanting a test ride before shelling out the cash. We don't have anyone running our kits in Idaho, but this winter we will be coming to Idaho and other states for people to test ride the sleds. Hopefully we will be coming to some of the snow shows this fall to give people an idea of what we are offering.

Dave

I've been watching this thread along with the BB option and considering my options. I like the rep you have on here Dave and I'm intersted in you kit... but for my REV instead. Do you still offer that? If so, what is the cost for a basic, rider installed kit. I have EGTs but would need the other gauges. Might be best to replace the 2 window with a single 4???

Other thing, I'd like to ride a sled set up with your kit before I throw down that much money. No offense intended and I'm sure you can understand that. Do you have anyone running one in the SE Idaho or Boise area? I rode a race gas TM8 (09) last year near preston and really like the way it made power so i'm thinking that kind of power on a chasis that I already know and love would be better than a new XP... whadda think?

thanks,

Hauler

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
We will be building a four stroke kit in the future, but right now we are staying focused on our two stroke kits. The four stroke kits will be more involved with the custom header design and so forth, so I can only assume the price will be more. I couldn't speculate on price until we prototyped one up.

Dave

Hello,
I'm looking at switching over to the 4-stroker this year and wondering if you'll be putting a kit together over summer. Most of the kits out right now are too expensive. I know you mentioned before that you were thinking about it. Would those kits be more coin or less? It sounds like people really trust your work. Maybe you could start another thread about the 4-stroker when you get this baby ironed out. Thanks

Premium Features