• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 and 09 Dragon 8 owners news.

P
Nov 27, 2007
i couldn't find it on dennis kirk, but i didn't search too long, but there is a fuel filter for around $20 that can replace the current fuel filter. It is in a post somewhere...

V
May 13, 2008
Victor, ID
Skibreeze - Are you still leaning out on you O2 gauge with the replaced fuel filter. I just roasted my 4th engine with 125 miles on it Friday at Mt. Jefferson. I have been on less than half a tank on all 4 burn downs. Funny thing was we were expecting my buds sled to go down as he was only pulling 7100 and running bad, and he had to pull my dead a## out...again. We ride between 7500-10000...long pulls that really work the motors.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Skibreeze - Are you still leaning out on you O2 gauge with the replaced fuel filter. I just roasted my 4th engine with 125 miles on it Friday at Mt. Jefferson. I have been on less than half a tank on all 4 burn downs. Funny thing was we were expecting my buds sled to go down as he was only pulling 7100 and running bad, and he had to pull my dead a## out...again. We ride between 7500-10000...long pulls that really work the motors.

I rode 3 days on the new filter and did not lean out at all. Before replacing the filter, I would lean out alot. I don't know why it only did it when low on fuel and climbing but it is finally running the right ratios now. I also cut apart the old filter and didn't see anything out of the ordinary to clog it, but it was definitely harder to blow thru. I was very suprised that it was the filter and not the fuel pickup. I'm just glad that I found it before the end of the season. Now I need to figure out why my exhaust valves are now hitting the pistons, when they never did before.

filter001.jpg

Last edited:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
breeze.... what every happended with the Walbro smart valve replacement on the front pickup without the bleed hole?????

Nothing changed. As soon as I got to 1/2 tank and started climbing, it leaned out just like before. Replacing the filter is what finally fixed the problem.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Nothing changed. As soon as I got to 1/2 tank and started climbing, it leaned out just like before. Replacing the filter is what finally fixed the problem.

I can't believe the engineers and techs at Polaris did not issue an urgent recall on the filter. It should be replaced on warranty, no charge no matter how many miles or what year and use a different filter too!

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
When I took my sled in my dealer told me there was a bulletin out from Polaris but it was only a recommendation I believe. I told him to change mine anyway....did not know the price...who would have dreamed $80 bucks

Premium Features