• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Free DIY Mods

S

ScubaSteveSK

Aug 16, 2008
Canada
The only thing better than doing a mod yourself is a free one.

Last night I cut down my stock windshield and straightened the lugs on my attack 20. What are some other free projects you've done on your sleds?

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
Not really mods but I have to do something to the sleds while on strike...:rolleyes:

I removed most of the decalls from the side panels on the REV and installed a 2 stage throttle on it to relieve most of the trigger tension.
No more cramped hand at the end of a long day.

Now I need to make a plate out of some thin stainless or even aluminum to re-mount my Snobunje lefty (I know what you're thinking but I actually use mine and like it!) because there is very little room on the bottom of the new trigger.

Next I'll be going through the clutches and chaincases and lube the chassis.

I thought about drilling the track but I'm just not sold on it yet.

All free...For the most part.:D

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
Grab the holesaw and port everything! Track, hood, snowflap, windsheild and don't forget the chaincase, rotor and driveshaft. I guess the Doo guys don't have to worry about the driveshaft, I hear they are "self porting". :face-icon-small-win

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Venting!
:D
centerplasticscreened.jpg

ptoholesscreened.jpg

hoodscreened1.jpg

kneepanelsscreened1.jpg

sidepanelholes1.jpg

800HMRK

Dec 17, 2007
Alaska
If you put a big o-ring around the kill switch it will also spring back when pushed down.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
get the hole saw and put a hole in anything you can rip it thru, and sawzall

i dropped like 3o pounds using just these two tools, but the sled looked kinda messed up after it.

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
Is that silicone under the kill switch? presumably for a press to kill kind of action?

No, it's actually one of those stretchy hair thingys that my wife ties all her hair up with. It's just wrapped around 2 or 3 times.
I put it on there about 2 years ago while on the hill to solve a little issue I kept having that day!
I have to hold the kill switch down now to kill the motor because the switch springs right back up when you let go.
No more accidental cut-outs in a climb!:rolleyes:

S
Jan 4, 2008
The thing I did to stop my accidental shut downs was to swap the two wires in the plug on the handlebar. So now when it is down it is on and to kill it, I have to pull it up. The thing works great this way.

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
The thing I did to stop my accidental shut downs was to swap the two wires in the plug on the handlebar. So now when it is down it is on and to kill it, I have to pull it up. The thing works great this way.

WOuldn't that make it a little harder to kill in a "falling off the sled" kind of emergency?
Probably no more than a womans hair band under it though.:D

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
Will be....

removing the hood foam and replaced it with heat tape.

removing the headlight and added off-road lights

porting (thats a funny word) the belt cover plate

hacking off the sway bars

removing the gas rack and tail light. Will be replacing with an LED light bar.

removing the hood screens and replaced with pet screen

Already did..

removed the front idlers

cut down the windshield.

Most of it is free... but, everything that I need to get will add up to about $45-50 if that. (lights will cost the most)

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Rotax what did you use for adheisive on your screening? Thinking of drilling some holes myself.

Household Goop, get it at walmart in the caulk/silcone/adhesive area next to paint. :D

Have done multiple hoods/panels...over the last 5+ years.

Works great...messy, but works.

I lay down the goop around edges, then lay the precut mesh/screen over it and pull it tight and press the goop through the mesh/screen at the edges.

A

anziconda

Dec 10, 2007
Did the "Geo Mod" on my 08 M-sled. Totally free and love the results!!!!
Will be porting the track, two wheel conversion and adding side panel vents...total cost...approx. 50.00:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features