• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

where is my coolant going?

B
Jan 25, 2010
Ronald Washington
i have a 2014 proclimb with around 1,200 miles and i have had to add coolant at least 3 times....i have noticed when i roll it over coolant will leak out the cap (fixed that problem), but that doesn't explain when i dont roll it over and it still disappears. i have looked everywhere for cracks or holes and have found nothing and cant find any leaks when coolant is cold or hot....the sled runs great and has no loss in performance. the sled will over heat when the coolant is low......soooooo where is the coolant going?

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I bet out of a loose clamp, I would check the throttle body connections, when I took the throttle body out of 09 I was amazed that some of the clamps were pretty loose. Probably does not really leak until you are wot.

runner

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Canada
Had to fill mine a couple of times in the first 300 miles.
Seems to be from the system not being totally vented and the level drops everytime air is forced out of the overflow.

B
Jan 25, 2010
Ronald Washington
thanks for the replies!!! going to double check the cap because it doesnt seem to fit tight...and i figured that might be the problem anyways because i have look over and over again for leaks and even looked into the head gasket situation and have ruled that out.....from the looks of your guys comments and doing some other reading and buddies that have had proclimbs the cap seems to be the problem!!!

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I'd say it's the coolant resivoir itself. My 15 rigt from the start would airlock the bottle and pump all the coolant out the overflow. Dealer replaced the coolant res and cap and the problem dissapeared

lips3469

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Best thing to do is pressure check your system. If it don't bleed down it might be the cap

lips3469

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
And if the head gasket is bad if don't nessarly have to be going through the exhaust it might be going into the crank

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
Check the bottle for being out of round. Mine kept leaking where the cap went. the bottle was out of round.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Yup, had to do this on mine. Been good for 600 miles since

X3 had the same issue on mine and fixed it with pliers bending the tabs. No issues since.

I only noticed it when I rolled it over because the amount was large at those times but I am sure a little was bouncing out all of the time.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
When I rolled mine over I had red fluid seeping out of the vents. I have no idea where red fluid would be coming from? Maybe the stock chain case oil is red?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Look inside the bottle.

Is there a grey tinge? Does the bottle have grey on the inside?
Does the coolant have a grey color mixed in it?

If so, you have an inner o-ring leak on your cylinder top and your leading coolant into your system. Hence, exhaust had is bleeding into your coolant.

You'll burn coolant pretty quickly that way.

Premium Features