• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have the Fault Codes for E-Tec?

C
Jan 6, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
Hello. I'm new to this forum cause usually post on Doo. Actually just found it today. Anyhow looking for the trouble codes for the E-Tec.

I'm getting error codes 0428 & 1427 on my XM. Anyone know what they are? Should make a sticky here listing them all.

By the way its really easy to check. Hit the high / low beam switch fast about 10 times then press & hold the M button on the dash.

C
Jan 6, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
Took a while but got it figured. P0428 is the Exhaust Temperature Sensor and P1427 is something to do with a ECM update & head light switch that was already changed.

Sucks to have to take it all the way back to the dealer to get it fixed after only 3 rides.

M

Mattxp

Jan 16, 2011
put a new dj kit in my machine today and took the can and hood off to make things easier. puter all back together and went for a quick rip. check engine light comes on, and if i stop and idle for 5 seconds it goes off. start riding again it goes on.. Sound like exaust temp sensor? i thought i was really careful taking it out and puttin it in.

Premium Features