• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Few questions about 08 xp

A
Nov 29, 2007
I'm wondering if anyone has figured out how to overcome the air bubble in the fuel tank when fueling up. This is really annoying. Also wondering if anyone has broke the front support that the a arms mount to. And how long it took to replace? Is this something skidoo has upgraded because I noticed the part number has been replaced with a different part number.

N

nathaniel11

Sep 26, 2003
Marshall, Mn
Have your biggest riding partner sit on the rear bumper pushing it down will burp it. And yes I have broke that support bracket you are talking about. Its kinda a pain in the ***. But as long as the rest of the modules and brackets are straight then its not to bad might just have to persude it with a rubber mallet.

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
I don't think their is any way around the gas tank. I always fill it up. Push the back bumper down, and fill it up again.

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
I've broke both e modules and the s module. The e modules I never replaced, just drilled a hole right below the break and stuck a bolt through. (Since it seems it always breaks about an inch down on the thin part) I never worried about that little bit of missing material. It was like that for 3 years and was fine.

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
The XP fuel tank is kind of like a baby... If you want to be happy,,,, you need to burp him... A tilting trailer is alot of help... 1.5 gal more fuel... with a good BURP! AAAAH!

T

T Stoke

Nov 28, 2007
Bethlehem, PA
Regarding the air bubble, when it looks full, pull/push down on the rear bumper and then keep filling! You can probably get another 2-3 liters in there.

Make sure that you put your gas cap back on before you have your buddy get off your back bumper! You'll be wearing all that extra gas you just put in. I've made that mistake before. :)

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
I had a CPI pipe on mine with MBRP can. It seemed to add to the midrange and it definitely lost some weight. Oh and it sounded cool.

Worth it? Sure I guess. Some may say it isn't, I found it to be a lot snappier than stock though.

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
Grip-n-Rip Racing, Fett Bros., and many others carry the s-module and upper mount bracing, Have had the whole kit since last summer, need to get busy with the install before next ride in low snow cond.

Premium Features