• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Please Post For Sale Items in the Swapmeet

A
Aug 7, 2009
Berthoud Colorado
Hello,
Harris Publishing wants to adhere to the rules that were provided when the Forums were created. I know that some of the rules have not been enforced very strictly, but they were still there just on the side lines.
We (admins, Mods) are trying to clean up the forum and place threads in the proper forums. Please help us out.
There will be a racing forum in the swapmeet area soon. Please be patient.
Until that time All threads will be moved to the proper forum. Please create your For Sale and Want To Buy threads in those forums for which they belong.
Thank you very much.

K

kssnow987

Dec 4, 2007
Arlington, WA
Hello,
Harris Publishing wants to adhere to the rules that were provided when the Forums were created. I know that some of the rules have not been enforced very strictly, but they were still there just on the side lines.
We (admins, Mods) are trying to clean up the forum and place threads in the proper forums. Please help us out.
There will be a racing forum in the swapmeet area soon. Please be patient.
Until that time All threads will be moved to the proper forum. Please create your For Sale and Want To Buy threads in those forums for which they belong.
Thank you very much.

Why wouldn't you, (admins, mods), make the place in Swap Meet first, then move racing items there. Are you going to go back and move my thread from Swap Meet-Polaris to the new area when it's formed?

K

kssnow987

Dec 4, 2007
Arlington, WA
I'm sure I'm not the only one frustrated by this change. This is the time of year we are selling alot of our used race sleds and parts. It may not have been Harris Publishings intent for us to list items for sale in Racing but it works. Change for the sake of change is sometimes counter productive.:rolleyes:

A
Aug 7, 2009
Berthoud Colorado
I thought that was a line from the harry potter movie. Sounded like it.

Anyway that statement is so far out there as in backwards. Heck look at the cars we drive. The first one worked just fine. No need to change but they did and I am glad.

Anyway it shouldn't matter how your threads get into that section as long as they do correct? So when it opens it will get there.

When the racing swapmeet is open I can do a mass move a heck of a lot easier since the racing threads will be in the correct forum. First we need to straighten out the forums we have. Then we can add the others.

Snow_knight is working on the new format right now. If you have ANY sugestions Please PM him. I am sure he would like to hear your ideas.

Thank you very much.
Jeff

K

kssnow987

Dec 4, 2007
Arlington, WA
Still makes more sense to create the Racing Swap Meet forum area and add content rather than scatter items all across the Swap Meet just to have to gather it up again and move to the new Racing forum.

S
Feb 20, 2008
Still makes more sense to create the Racing Swap Meet forum area and add content rather than scatter items all across the Swap Meet just to have to gather it up again and move to the new Racing forum.

I agree 100% Ken!!! I tried to tell these people that when they moved my race trailer that I had for sell to the general swapmeet! It pissed me off so bad I just deleted my posts. I told them those of us that come to the Racing Section don't mind the "want to buy" or the "for sale" items in there. Good luck in getting your stuff sold! They aren't listening to us at all! All I can say is that they are hellbent to do it and do it their way!!

Last edited:
K

kssnow987

Dec 4, 2007
Arlington, WA
A quote from arfrce in the Suggestion and user Feedback Section
"It's easy, ANY THING FOR SALE goes in the SWAPMEET under the correct forum. A sled is still a sled even if it is a racing sled. Anything talking about racing Like what parts are best to use, How well did your sled hook up with that track, how was it the last time you ran that clutch config for racing. Goes in the racing forum."

I fully understand the difference between Swap Meet and Racing. For years, and I mean alot of years, we have sold stuff in the Racing section undisturbed. The way you have changed things makes it seem more like a Police action than just cleaning up a Forum area.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Two questions:

(1) The people who have used the racing section for years may want to have some input into what works, what doesn't. Maybe try taking a poll?

(2) Are we allowed to discuss racing anywhere else? Or will all of those threads in the performance and mountain, and general sections be forcibly relocated here to take up the now absent space from our clandestine equipment trading?

Applying a policy without any context doesn't accomplish the ultimate goal.

;-)

MD.

Last edited:
K

kssnow987

Dec 4, 2007
Arlington, WA
At the request of arfrce I sent Snow_knight a pm with my input. He did reply. I would say they jumped the gun a bit moving everything to Swap Meet. Here's the conversation. Sounds like it could be awhile before it's worked out.

Re: Swap Meet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well thanks for your input..

Its going to be a long road ahead in the swapmeet, for this I aplogize for.. Too many people have too many different ideas on what is going to happen and when. Arfrce asked me if he could begin moving threads there, which I said was fine. I havent found out when the new racing swapmeet section will be up and running, but i will keep the pressure on them

If you need anything else let me know

Thanks
Rocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by kssnow987
In cleaning up the Racing section arfrce has moved all Racing Sleds for sale to the Swap Meet section. He said they would get moved to the new Racing Swap Meet section when it was built. I asked him why they didn't build the new section first.(It only needs to be one section in my opinion) Then move items directly into this new section. Easier for people, and there are alot this time of year, to keep track of items they are watching. He told me they would be moved at a later date. Seems like extra work to me. arfrce told me to send suggestions to you so here goes.......Build the new section, then move all items into it. I consider you to be a friend on SW(we spent alot of time in the REP thread together) and I don't want you to think I'm bashing on you, just doing what arfrce told me to do.
Thanks
Ken

S
Feb 20, 2008
This is all very unfortunate especially this time of year when all of us are either looking to sell or buy racing items. I guess this isn't "our" forum anymore!

T
Nov 26, 2007
This wouldn't be so bad if SW search function didn't suck. I'm gonna have real good luck wading through the swap meet looking for "IQ-R" "IQR" parts... wait, IQR isn't enough characters to do a search.

Why can't they just add a subforum right to the Racing section that is a Racing Swap Meet? Or is that the plan? Or is the Racing Swap gonna be listed with all the other swap categories. SW is just turning into 1,000 doors in a 2,000 sq ft home.

L

livetoride9432

Dec 4, 2007
Moscow Idaho
I agree it has been nice to go to the racing sec and look for iqr parts ,so much for whats nice you have to love having dictators in america...

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
This is all very unfortunate especially this time of year when all of us are either looking to sell or buy racing items. I guess this isn't "our" forum anymore!
Yea; unfortunately a lot of the n00bs here haven't figured out that race parts are not "normal" sled parts.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Give it time, I think there's enough people who actually look at race equipment to get a few racing-specific pigeonholes in the swapmeet section.

A
Aug 7, 2009
Berthoud Colorado
I have a deal for you guys if your up to it.

I will take down the sticky, and stop moving threads.

When the new "RACING FORUM" opens in the Swapmeet area. PM me the title of your racing thread so there can be a mass move? IS that Fair?
I take racing in the strictest since. Parts, sleds..etc... That does not include trailers. You can race out of your truck, if you have too. And I am sure MANY do. Yeah it may not be fun. But you can do it.

We do listen to the members just so you know.

So TRailers. They will still be moved to the trailer section.

Thanks,
Jeff
Do you accept?

K

kssnow987

Dec 4, 2007
Arlington, WA
I have a deal for you guys if your up to it.

I will take down the sticky, and stop moving threads.

When the new "RACING FORUM" opens in the Swapmeet area. PM me the title of your racing thread so there can be a mass move? IS that Fair?
I take racing in the strictest since. Parts, sleds..etc... That does not include trailers. You can race out of your truck, if you have too. And I am sure MANY do. Yeah it may not be fun. But you can do it.

We do listen to the members just so you know.

So TRailers. They will still be moved to the trailer section.

Thanks,
Jeff
Do you accept?

Jeff,
I'm not sure how long you have been involved with Racing snowmobiles or how Red letters in your name gives you the knowledge to determine what people want in the Racing forum, but it has to do with racing, it should be in the Racing Forum. If it makes you feel better, more powerful, to make a stand about trailers, so be it. I will tell you though, SnoXDad's trailer is for racing only and would get lost, like the rest of our racing stuff, in any other thread. My "racing sleds for sale" thread moves down about 2-3 pages a day depending on activity in the Polaris section while there are posts 1 week old on the first page of the Racing section. And about people racing out of trucks and trailers. Are you serious? I'm not sure you know how stupid that statement sounded. My guess is 9 out of 10, or more, race out of a trailer. You guys have wasted more time moving stuff when you could have had an area in Swap Meet, temporary or not, that the Racing stuff could go. Well....I could go on for hours about how there are to many Chiefs not enough Indians around here but the bottom line is alot of stuff changed on SW with no thought to how it would affect the user. Maybe next time they will ask opinions first.:rolleyes: After all this I'm actually sorry I logged in today, and, to finally answer your question..."Do I Accept?". Well, I don't care anymore and will leave it to the Majority!

K

kssnow987

Dec 4, 2007
Arlington, WA
UPDATE I received a PM stating that the New Swap Meet Section is up and running. I am shocked to see they didn't add a Racing Section. Not really, just an example of the cart in front of the horse mentality. Those that think I'm being to harsh re-read post # 1 of this thread. Amazing......:rolleyes:

Premium Features