• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07' rmk Dragon 700 pump make noise but no fuel

M
Jan 29, 2017
Hey, just purchased this sled back from a family member (used to be mine) anyway, it was parked with minimal fuel in it over the off season and was barely used at all that winter as well.......now it is not running or starting as is. It will fire up with fuel dumped down the cylinders but nothing more. I found the plug to run the fuel pump off a 12v battery but that seems to do nothing. I can hear the pump run but thats all it seems to do. I think i found what was a cap to bleed the fuel line and loosened it and there was zero fuel coming from that as well. So i can only assume that my pump is toast, or the fuel pick up or filters or whatever is in the tank is severely clogged. Does this sound fairly accurate to everyone??

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
I'd replace filter first.

Also, the lines to the fuel rail when they get old can collapse if they are kinked even the slightest.

If I were in your shoes, I'd remove the pressure hose from the pump outlet, put a fuel hose with clamp on it, run to a 5 gallon fuel tank and hook up DC power to the plug by the nose of the sled to see if you have any output. If not, then pump is bad. If you have output, then you may have an obstruction in your fuel system.

Good luck and let us know how it works.

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
Sounds like a clogged filter but could be rotten lines inside the tank. if its super low on fuel. I know My 07 had a fuel pump issue so i swapped it didn't realize one of the ducks feet didn't get under the fuel level so it was sucking air and would not run...

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Drain as much fuel out of the tank as you can. Then shine a light down in there and inspect the fuel line pickups. It is a strange looking multi-line setup. Here is a diagram of it. http://shop.carlscycle.com/fiche_se...nowmobiles&make=Polaris&year=2007&fveh=284850

They get eaten apart by the great fuels we have and the crappy components Polaris uses and end up in pieces in your tank. Guessing one or more of the pieces has failed.

sled_guy

Premium Features