• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody ever converted an IQ RMK to an IQ Switchback?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Ok, so basically I got back into sledding after a 2 year hiatius from 2014 to 2016.

So my folks sold me their trailer and old sleds, which happen to be a pair of 2006 IQ 600 RMKs ....

I'd done some work on one of them when I parted my old 900 RMK out some years back, and put the Carl's valved Holz suspension and Fox Zero Pro shocks on one of them .... Given how far sleds have progressed since then, I'm sort of thinking I can make the one with the Holz suspension on it into a nice spring snow basher for me ..... So what I'm essentially wanting to do with this sled is use as much of the suspension goodies on it now that I have, IE the ski shocks (Fox Zero Pros) and the Holz suspension and convert the rest of it to essentially what a 2006 Switchback 600 was ...

Anybody got any tips or advice on undertaking a project like this? I want to do the whole thing as cheaply as possible, but I figure the IQ chassis would still make a great spring snow sled to bash on ....

What do yall think?

Premium Features