• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedometer not working...

F
Dec 19, 2016
I have an 09 RMK 600 and the speedometer is not working at all. Its reading a constant 0 MPH. Id like to fix this problem. I know my way around the sled really well but I've never encountered this before. Is this just a matter on the speed pickup sensor going out and needing to be replaced? Can other things come into play here?

I searched around and didn't see anything on this topic. Thanks everyone!

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Check the wiring going down to the left side of the driveshaft. The speed sensor pickup is on the left side of the drive shaft below the secondary clutch on the 800 IQ anyway... mine was damaged by a blown belt and splicing the wires back together fixed mine.

halffast800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2011
Hazel SD
Seems like this was an indication that the bearing was going bad on those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I
Jul 28, 2014
Sure was....been there and happend 30 kms up a mountain. Lucky it limped down the mountain before it locked up.

Mine was a 10 dragon 800. The grease zerk/nipple is on top of the Dshaft cover, when you blow a belt the shrapnel breaks it off, if you dont notice its just the mater of time

Premium Features