• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS 800 fault codes, not turbo related but always looking for input.

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
I have done some work to my 800 Boondocker turbo'd axys and it's been throwing some codes so i took it to the dealer to Blacks Corners Motorsport in Carleton Place Ontario. I dont have the ability to check the codes - with fix and learn the Exhaust Valves etc so a trip to them was necessary.

Codes thrown:

P1401 Exhaust Valve Actuator Diagnostic voltage low
P1407 EV actuator Position voltage low
P1410 EV actuator learning default position
We relearned the Exhaust valves, I had the cylinder out to install new rktek pistons so I may have thrown off the EV setting. Not sure why there is a low voltage code -checked the wiring and noticed some corrosion on 2 relays (in picture).

I checked the wiring to see if i could find any chaffing and I couldnt but i did tie wrap up the wiring better and fixed the position of the relays so water wont get in.

P 1546 Exhaust temp sensor unrealistic transition (no idea what this was)
P250f engine oil low (was on it's side)
P1552 Throttle stuck error (simple adjustment)

The codes below could be caused by the sled running very hot, it was up around 160 and it didnt like it. The thermostat fell apart (the little clip retaining the lower washer fell off and the spring and washer were loose)when i took it out so i removed it - still ran hot, in reinstalled it with the loose washer and spring but still running hot - my new thermostat arrives tomorrow.

P1336 Max det mag
P1337 Max det PTO
P1517 Exhaust over temp
P0217 Engine over temp fault

I had been getting det codes before i installed the turbo, then got them the odd time, ran boostane and/or avgas and didnt have an issue until the end of the season when it ran hot on the last day - maybe the thermostat packed it in then.

It is a boondocker sidekick with tial, just waiting on the Sidekick X upgrade kit from boondocker with controllable box.

Any insight would be appreciated.

20170117_113921.jpg 20170117_113926.jpg 20170117_113147.jpg 20170117_113152.jpg 20170117_113155.jpg

P

polarisblue

Jan 16, 2014
Axys fault codes

I watch your clips on youtube and I have to tell you im a big fan. I live in northern NY I have the same sled you have with a sidekick and have had no issues to this point and I also have the switch to add more boost and it still works great at sea level. I would check ALL of your connections to make sure there is no moisture in them, especially the codes for low voltage makes me think its a bad connection.

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
I watch your clips on youtube and I have to tell you im a big fan. I live in northern NY I have the same sled you have with a sidekick and have had no issues to this point and I also have the switch to add more boost and it still works great at sea level. I would check ALL of your connections to make sure there is no moisture in them, especially the codes for low voltage makes me think its a bad connection.

Hey thanks for watching! I'm hoping the dirty relays were the issue, I've taken a good look and dont see anything else jumping out at me. The codes weren't holding when on the diagnostic computer so that was a good thing I guess. I love the heck out of this and with the couple extra pounds it's going to be pretty freaky.

Cheers

IQR800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2010
Laramie, WY
Did you ever get the exhaust valve issues corrected? I'm having the same issues! Been into the dealer 3 times with no apparent fix. We have done all the obvious things i.e. the relay switches, power converter, relearn EV. All the electrical connections have been removed, cleaned, greased, and reinstalled twice now. Getting real fed up at this point, so any info is appreciated. I'll report back if I get it figured out

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
A friend had the almost the same symptoms, with DET codes and various low voltage codes related to the exhaust valves. It developed into a miss on one cylinder and had a injector open circuit code. Checked ohm values on both injectors and read fine, ohmed both circuits to ground and no reference to ground. Suspected maybe pinched wiring harness, friend tore it apart and never found any suspect looking wires or connections. Tried an identical known to be good ECU, changed all capacitors, relays, voltage regulator, exhaust valve control module, and no improvement.

Finally the friend doing the work said screw it and changed out the wiring harness from his personal known to be good sled. That is what ended up fixing it. Stinking wiring harness. From what he said changing out the wiring harness wasn't that time consuming or hard. He had proved out everything except the wiring harness and that was the last ditch thing to try.

Thought I would share, because from what I remember it had very similar fault codes also using digital wrench to trouble shoot and similar symptoms.

Its not fun trouble shooting electrical gremlins. Best of luck!

ROCKNESTER

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2007
CHICO, CA
www.boondockersmovie.com
A friend had the almost the same symptoms, with DET codes and various low voltage codes related to the exhaust valves. It developed into a miss on one cylinder and had a injector open circuit code. Checked ohm values on both injectors and read fine, ohmed both circuits to ground and no reference to ground. Suspected maybe pinched wiring harness, friend tore it apart and never found any suspect looking wires or connections. Tried an identical known to be good ECU, changed all capacitors, relays, voltage regulator, exhaust valve control module, and no improvement.

Finally the friend doing the work said screw it and changed out the wiring harness from his personal known to be good sled. That is what ended up fixing it. Stinking wiring harness. From what he said changing out the wiring harness wasn't that time consuming or hard. He had proved out everything except the wiring harness and that was the last ditch thing to try.

Thought I would share, because from what I remember it had very similar fault codes also using digital wrench to trouble shoot and similar symptoms.

Its not fun trouble shooting electrical gremlins. Best of luck!

trying to help a friend diagnose some similar issues - which wiring harness did you end up replacing?

thanks,

Premium Features