• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Synchronize DESS keys on multiple sleds

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Have 2 identical sleds.

Was reading in the manual can have up to 8 different DESS tethers work on the same sled?

How does this get accomplished?

By myself or gotta go to a dealer?

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
What needs to be hooked up?

The keys or the sleds?

Both. Be prepared to bring proof of ownership for each machine, at least my dealer required it.

Farmboy84 is correct. You need both as they program the sled to the keys if I remember correct.

Proof of ownership is required and I think I paid for like an 1/2 hour of shop time to have a couple done.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
If you actually bought the sleds from your local dealer you don't need proof of ownership and they won't charge you :face-icon-small-dis

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
If you had read Don's other thread you would know he does not have a local Doo dealer. :face-icon-small-dis

:face-icon-small-ton

450 miles to closest authorized SKIDOO snowmobile shop. On the west side of the Sierras NO SNOW for APR 18

Have dozens of SEADOO around town. Gonna ask one of them?

Rather double drive time to UT, get synchronized and take the sled in some snow.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I’ve always done this. Sync’d up all 3 Doo sleds so they all use the same key then bought a spare in case we lose a key. Came really close to losing the old style Doo rubber key once and figured that would have been an avoidable PITA.

Premium Features