• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lightweighting M1100 Turbo

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
ok, lightweighted my T-Nytro as much as was sanely tolerable (i.e. no exotic metals) but timebersled skid, batteries, mufflers, etc. etc.

Mayber we can discuss the options for getting this M1100T lightweighted, Since it seems there is probably lbs. to shed...

Here is what I am guessing, but have no firm data....So please add to the discussion, dont flame me or others for our attempts at semi educated guesses...

Cheapest/easiest first

Battery- am guessing 10 lbs. similar to Nytro (just a smaller one, the pics I have seen appear to be huge battery)

Muffler- Guessing 10 lbs.

Timbersled skid- am guessing 10 lbs. (Not cheap but know what it does)

Intercooler/boost system- Anything here we can do?

Air Intake- maybe 5 lbs? I know the M system is VERY heavy today.....

Any other suggestions?

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I am going to look this thing over pretty hard in West this weekend. See what is to be had for easy pound shedding. Other than the easy 15 or 20 pounds on most sleds, we will probably have to wait for the aftermarket to catch up.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Dream:

Good thread!

After taking a look at the pictures, it looks as though you could fit a small child inside the turbo muffler.

There has to be some pretty good potential for taking 15 pounds off that thing.

If so, now we are down to around 535 which is lighter than the M1000 was (Right?)

I think there is hood weight to be scrubbed off probably as well.........

I am sure the aftermarket guys are in meetings as we speak to find ways to get us light weight parts by next riding season, at least for those that want them......

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Putting a T sled skid under it would be going backward, they suck, if you want a skid that works put a KMOD under it or just leave it. But you would have to drop about 80lbs to get my interest, and I am sure by then it would be the same money as putting a turbo on the m800, I can deal with no warranty and being that light.

M
Feb 27, 2010
I am going to look this thing over pretty hard in West this weekend. See what is to be had for easy pound shedding. Other than the easy 15 or 20 pounds on most sleds, we will probably have to wait for the aftermarket to catch up.
speedwerx allready has the motor stuff.so its just the chassie aftermarket that well hav to catch up.

Premium Features