• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

17 800 rmk high idle/low top end rpm help

N

nate18

Jan 3, 2009
Need some help with my 17 800 axys. Has high idle 22-2300 rpm and on jack stand will only rev to about 6800. I have been working with tps and trying different settings. .700/.94 and variations of this. The one thing that is consistent no matter what tps settings I have the sled will start first pull idle for a moment or two then die. Will do this for next couple pulls also till I finally grab throttle and keep it running. Latest tps setting was at .694/.935 sled still wouldn’t keep running but once I kept it running and it warm a bit it actually idled at 1900. Thought I had maybe got it but blip throttle couple times and then back to 22/2300 rpm and would not drop. I thought I initially had air leak so checked with carb cleaner and didn’t find anything. Tested egt probe, seems to ohm out ok with heat gun????? Any other suggestions? Fuel pressure???? Do the regulators go bad???? I have primed pump a few times as I’ve had fuel rail off seems to run/sound ok. Can hear air being pushed out of system then just a constant pump hum after that. Any thought are appreciated. Thank you

N
Aug 27, 2012
Bend, OR
Have you checked to make sure the throttle cable isn't binding or adjusted up too high causing the throttle plate to hang open? Disconnect the cable from the flipper and see if there is any difference. Also try pulling your power valves and checking the cable and valves themselves to make sure nothing is broken and causing low R's. Heard of several cables and valves themselves that have broken.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
My buddies turbo broke the exhaust valve bolts a few times, and it would do the same thing your explaining.

N

nate18

Jan 3, 2009
Thanks guys, wasn’t thinking exhaust valve issue affecting idle but really only thing I have left to check. Thanks

Premium Features