• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ars-fx front bumper.... yay or nay..

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
Picked up an '18 rmk. Looking at front bumpers. What are your thoughts on the Ars-fx front bumpers? Pros and cons????Get a new one shipped for 225..... I do like the Backwoods BMP And the B&m but liking the idea of the skidplate...

On my 15 SBA I had BM fab front bumper and Running boards. They are well built and fit very well. I'd buy them again. My axys has the extreme polaris on it from Snowcheck, which is still intact. I'll buy a BMfab for it if I need to replace it though.

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
So are you guys running skid plates or just the B&M front bumper? Why not on the skid plate if ur not??

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
Here is what I had to do.

First remove bottom rivets for bumper mount and drill holes to fit bolts.

Then leave the metal brace in the nose cone, probably could use fender washer if you wanted to remove it.

Next. Mount front skid plate bolt. Center skid plate. Install 1 screw half way.

Mark thru with marker or long drill bit into skid plate for bottom bumper bolts.

Remove screw holding skid, drill skid holes, I went 5/16 to allow some play.

Then install front bolt and 1 screw for skid plate.

Then install bumper, takes some love as the extra thickness makes a tight fit.

I got it close, then started top mounting bolts and some line up punch to get bolts up and thru.

Mount the bumper, then install your other 4 screws that come with the plate.

Snapchat-2100956242-1.jpg Snapchat-1332583403-1.jpg

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Looks good man.. damn I started to order b&m bumper just now and then saw the additional $55-95 shipping. I hate paying shipping.

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Luckily I'm a state away.. my shipping was only $15...

Damn dude.. thats insane. I mean I hate to say a purchase comes down to shipping but in this case a lime powder coat bumper is basically $350. Just need to convince my buddy to buy one also so we can split shipping by placing 2 together in same box.

Premium Features