• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Freeride 1.5

C

cilius66

May 17, 2008
Have anybody tried the FreeRide track?
Or does sombody have som toughts about it?

T
Nov 28, 2007
I used it on a 136 700 improver Polaris. It was a good track with good hook and decent durability and great topend on harder surfaces ,but if you were in anything soft ,the narrowness of the track would make the sled launch sideways due to trenching. Good track though.

C

cilius66

May 17, 2008
I used it on a 136 700 improver Polaris. It was a good track with good hook and decent durability and great topend on harder surfaces ,but if you were in anything soft ,the narrowness of the track would make the sled launch sideways due to trenching. Good track though.

Is it as bad as Ripsaw in deep snow??

T
Nov 28, 2007
Honestly, I've had both tracks, the freeride is NOT a deepsnow track at 14 inches wide. It doesnt float ! Due to it's width, it obviously trenches in deep snow ( just common sense) but on hardpack it is sure good for hook and mph and durability. There is a reason skidoo put a 16 inch out there over a 15 inch wide, more contact patch/floatation.
Your other options at 15 " x 1.5 are a cross over which a friend of mine uses on his supercharged nytro, nice stiff lug and a back country which is a 1.75 but if cut down to a 1.5 would be great ( its great as a 1.75) , I have used that on my Nytro for a winter and was extremely pleased on its hook and durability. And theres the intense. Alot of guys around here have tried it and liked it for all around use.

Last edited:
T
Dec 1, 2007
I use one on my turbo rx-1 & will be installing one on my nytro xtx. I used one on my 08 nytro. Great all around track & still works fine in deep snow. Light weight & durable.
I even have a 121 for sale for $300.

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
Have anybody tried the FreeRide track?
Or does sombody have som toughts about it?

I have the Crossover track with 1,5 lugs. Works great and from what I have heard it is a much better track than the freeride in any condition. In the powder there is no competition. The Crossover is better all day, and on the trail it hooks up better.

I am superhappy with mine and would not change it to anything else. I ride 90-95% Boondocking.

//Rob

T
Dec 1, 2007
Crossover is better in powder but not on hardpack. the lugs fold over & it just spins. the free ride has harder lugs with fingers that bite thru.

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
Crossover is better in powder but not on hardpack. the lugs fold over & it just spins. the free ride has harder lugs with fingers that bite thru.

Sorry Turk, but that is not my experience. The crossover hooks up better, but maybe I misunderstand you due to my bad english. The only time the Freeride works better is on snow that has frozen almost to ice. Then the Freeride hooks up better. But when the snow is that hard, I normally dont go riding since it feels like riding on asphalt and that is just not my cup of tea...
I mean, when you cant see any other signs than markings from the carbides that a snowmobile has passed. Then it is not funny any more. But then the Freeride outperforms the Crossover absolutely.

//R

Premium Features