• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who Else Is From Michigan On Here?

michiganders....

i am orig from the gaylord area..havnt been home in awhile..i now live in pinedale wyoming..an hour south of jackson hole..the riding out here is totally different..big mountains..lots of powder..i am talking 5ft of fluff..took me awhile to get used to it out here..i dont know if i miss that lake riding, and trails..michigan hasnt had a winter worth a crap for years..but i think this year is different..been long time since u could ride in december back home..i suggest if anyone back home gets a chance to come out west and ride...do it..its worth the trip..watch the rocks..ripped off my lower arm this weekend..dealer had parts in stock..GO WINGS...

S
i grew up in cadillac. i am in the same boat as king kat, havent been home in a while. my thing is that i am still serving in the navy and have at least 5 more yrs left before i could ever think about gettingout but that would put me a 10 yrs in

R
Dec 17, 2006
i grew up in cadillac. i am in the same boat as king kat, havent been home in a while. my thing is that i am still serving in the navy and have at least 5 more yrs left before i could ever think about gettingout but that would put me a 10 yrs in
I just want to say thank you for serving our country ,and Merry Christmas to you . Ya I got a 144, so I can do a little of both boondocking and trails ,this is the best snow we've had in a long time.michigan .I ride cadillac area, graying ,gaylord and U.P. be nice to get a group ride sometime? never had the chance to ride the mountains would like to go out west at least once. I'm sure Its a whole different way of riding. the 5ft.powder would be awsome.

River....

The snow is decent for this time of the year, really couldn't say about the trails though. Most of the time I spend on the sled are on two tracks and logging roads. Look at fishweb.com to get an accurate trail report.

Black lake is just a few miles away from the house. Thanks for the post and good riding.

BTW, have you ever rode in the pigeon river area? Some fantastic areas out there to play in, and very few people ride off the main roads/trails.

mark

L

likinit2

Jul 4, 2004
S.W. Michigan
I'm from SW Michigan near Kalamazoo, I get one trip west a year. I love going west and playing in the powder and playing on the hills and meadows. I don't do much trail riding anymore, I try to stick with the off trail stuff and let the throttle jockeys take each other out on the race track, oops I mean trails.

N
Nov 2, 2004
Michigan Flats
How much over there? going to get any of that rain thats coming? Traver's city area?
We had about a foot of powder which settled to a nice base, just in time for the rain and warm temps. Anymore we are lucky to see that much snow so early.
The first week in Jan. planning to chase snow though.
With a pit stop at lost pines to enjoy some grudge racing.

Hey Likinit me and the crew are from west of Kzoo. We dont do much trail riding around here either. We have a couple fo fields to organize some hometown drag races. To many fips on the trail (race track..lol..)tearing everything up. We go up north to ride, alot of two tracks and private trails to explore.

Mark

R
Dec 17, 2006
We had about a foot of powder which settled to a nice base, just in time for the rain and warm temps. Anymore we are lucky to see that much snow so early.
The first week in Jan. planning to chase snow though.
With a pit stop at lost pines to enjoy some grudge racing.

Hey Likinit me and the crew are from west of Kzoo. We dont do much trail riding around here either. We have a couple fo fields to organize some hometown drag races. To many fips on the trail (race track..lol..)tearing everything up. We go up north to ride, alot of two tracks and private trails to explore.

Mark
Ya I know what you mean ,I get run off the trail every once in awhile by someone racing down the trail, then they come around the curve on wrong side. would love to find some off trail stuff .

M

Mtnboondocker

Nov 27, 2007
MI
I also used to put alot of miles on and off trail in northern and U P of Mich. I now only ride out in Wyoming. Tog area. It is a must for any one who loves to boondock.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Im in curtis and all I do is boon dock plenty north of seeney ride out west at least 6 tims a season and have a vanamberg tunnel M-8 turbo with to much light weight stuff to list

Premium Features