• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Post 18 ride reports here!!

K
Jan 4, 2017
Just put money down on the one they had show up last night at the dealer had to wait cause it wasn't even logged into there computer so hopefully next week I can give you a report!

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I may be listening too hard. But at 19 seconds on the video, I hear a belt drive wine.... ��

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I'm loving my tki belt drive on my '16 .

There is a change in the noise it makes.

K
Jan 4, 2017
IMG_0370.jpg got some seat time today and it's got way more power than the Suzuki motor had it shocked me the first time I held it to the bar. This sled is so nimble compared to my 16 limited handles great on trails not nearly as tippy as my other sled and is a monster in the deep snow compared to my 16

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Picked up my 18 from Montana boat center in Helena MT on Thursday night. Headed straight into the rain at West Yellowstone. Rode Friday, Saturday, and a short day today, Sunday. I have absolutely no gripes about the sled. It flat rips, in every way possible. The low end torque is awesome for trees and jumping or popping over creeks and logs. Handles bumps well. Will not panel out, even on hard snow. Suspension is great, as all the pro climbs are. I really believe cat hit a home run. Best thing was beating a 16 162 cat with 920 big bore. I have a video, but can't post it on here for some reason. It's on sledderz on Facebook. I can't wait to go after an850 when I get it turning more than 7900 rpms.

ijstjohn

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2008
North Idaho
Rode the 18 last Friday. Put on a good 40 mIles in deep wet snow. It is definately better in every category as long as motor remains reliable. In the powder it has a mountain cat feel but seems effortless to change directions. The motor works as advertised low and mid range is strong thing pulls hard. Power delivery and clutching feel very smooth. Jumping back and forth between a mountain cat and the 18 I liked the 18 more and more every time. Has a slim feel and light feel to it and side panels work well. Only a couple small things that I think could be improved. I still think they could clean up the handle bars even just make the switches smaller. I never really notice as it is but just an area for improvement. The plastic nose piece or the two points come out to the bumper which will break if you hit something with the bumper. Im sure the limited or snocheck versions will have better bumpers to address this. The rear snow flap still has the plastic in between the bumper get rid of that thing! Just little things there overall this thing as a beast! I ride 17 limited and race a 16 and 17 HCR. I am somewhat Arctic Cat bias however I have spent a lot of time on all of them and won't knock the axys or the new doo. I thought the 850 had great power just not used to the chassis so it was harder for me to get the hang of. The new Cat 800 has to be right there with the 850 IMO at least from what I felt. I also think the axys works very good and axys rider will be able to jump on this sled and be comfotabe quickly. I would bet most anybody that rides this thing will not be disappointed.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Picked up my 18 from Montana boat center in Helena MT on Thursday night. Headed straight into the rain at West Yellowstone. Rode Friday, Saturday, and a short day today, Sunday. I have absolutely no gripes about the sled. It flat rips, in every way possible. The low end torque is awesome for trees and jumping or popping over creeks and logs. Handles bumps well. Will not panel out, even on hard snow. Suspension is great, as all the pro climbs are. I really believe cat hit a home run. Best thing was beating a 16 162 cat with 920 big bore. I have a video, but can't post it on here for some reason. It's on sledderz on Facebook. I can't wait to go after an850 when I get it turning more than 7900 rpms.

Tried looking for it can't find it, would really like to see it lol

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Rode the 18 last Friday. Put on a good 40 mIles in deep wet snow. It is definately better in every category as long as motor remains reliable. In the powder it has a mountain cat feel but seems effortless to change directions. The motor works as advertised low and mid range is strong thing pulls hard. Power delivery and clutching feel very smooth. Jumping back and forth between a mountain cat and the 18 I liked the 18 more and more every time. Has a slim feel and light feel to it and side panels work well. Only a couple small things that I think could be improved. I still think they could clean up the handle bars even just make the switches smaller. I never really notice as it is but just an area for improvement. The plastic nose piece or the two points come out to the bumper which will break if you hit something with the bumper. Im sure the limited or snocheck versions will have better bumpers to address this. The rear snow flap still has the plastic in between the bumper get rid of that thing! Just little things there overall this thing as a beast! I ride 17 limited and race a 16 and 17 HCR. I am somewhat Arctic Cat bias however I have spent a lot of time on all of them and won't knock the axys or the new doo. I thought the 850 had great power just not used to the chassis so it was harder for me to get the hang of. The new Cat 800 has to be right there with the 850 IMO at least from what I felt. I also think the axys works very good and axys rider will be able to jump on this sled and be comfotabe quickly. I would bet most anybody that rides this thing will not be disappointed.

I am an AXYS rider and was not impressed with a 2016 162 x 3" cat. Will I like the 18? What I did not like about the 16 was it felt too heavy when counter steering and rolling up on one ski and it augured in to the snow and it was so so hard to come out of a stuck.

Other than that the Cat rode nice and pulled hard enough. Also I expect they have the clutching fixed up these days.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Tried looking for it can't find it, would really like to see it lol
I just tried to upload it, file is too big. Try searching Carl Christianson in sledderz, it a cellphone video of the back of my good camera, but you will get the idea.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
I am an AXYS rider and was not impressed with a 2016 162 x 3" cat. Will I like the 18? What I did not like about the 16 was it felt too heavy when counter steering and rolling up on one ski and it augured in to the snow and it was so so hard to come out of a stuck.

Other than that the Cat rode nice and pulled hard enough. Also I expect they have the clutching fixed up these days.
Yes. It is so much different than a 16. We had a few with us all weekend. The 18 goes side to side effortlessly. And the skis do not cut into or auger into the snow like previous models.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
17 snow pro
245c99aab94cdbe276989d843819e72d.jpg

4ac2125091de86191eec9a9fa3a73430.jpg

Just for fun
8991445b857f8128fa078d0b62bdd661.jpg

Premium Features