• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question just before I install my Silber

C
Jan 6, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
About to install a Silber Turbo on my 2013 154 XM & curious if I should leave any performance stuff I have already added. Anyone with experience please chime in. Got SLP Full exhaust. Was thinking of leaving on the Y Pipe & putting the stock pipe back on. V Force Reeds. Probably put stock back in. Gearing is 21/49. Sure with the extra power can really get the track spinning. Kit came with a new primary spring & pins. Already changed the Helix & Secondary spring to Tracks. Not sure if I should leave them or put stock back in.

XP860

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
About to install a Silber Turbo on my 2013 154 XM & curious if I should leave any performance stuff I have already added. Anyone with experience please chime in. Got SLP Full exhaust. Was thinking of leaving on the Y Pipe & putting the stock pipe back on. V Force Reeds. Probably put stock back in. Gearing is 21/49. Sure with the extra power can really get the track spinning. Kit came with a new primary spring & pins. Already changed the Helix & Secondary spring to Tracks. Not sure if I should leave them or put stock back in.

I am also about to install my Silber kit on my 14XM also and have similar performance parts already installed. I know from my past turbo kits stock pipe works best for not cracking from the extra pressure.(SLP dose make special Turbo pipe for the polaris pro guys not sure about skidoo?) I would change your reeds back to stock or buy BRP Race peddles. Interesting fact about the stock reeds! BRP made them .003 thicker(Stonger) on the 14's vs the 13's. Your gearing will be fine. I would put the stock helix back in because Silber calibrated the new primary spring and pin kit that comes with your turbo kit to work with it. Hope this helps? That Silber kit looks Sweet and Clean!

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I would stick with the stock reeds and ypipe/pipe.

What helix and spring did you put in the secondary?

C
Jan 6, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
So I finally got it all installed. I do lots of major mods to 4Tec ski's & I thought they were tight. Sleds really give ya no room. Went pretty smooth for my 1st time. The instructions they supply could difinately use some clarification & better explanations. One important note was the fuel line fitting they supplied would not completely clip on to the ECM. It's just snug. Might hold for a 2nd but would pop off. Had to switch it with oem one to make the system work. Unfortunately it got late so I didn't get a chance to fire it up but will tomorrow for sure!!!

Ended up leaving the SLP Y pipe, Helix, Spring & gearing (21/49) for now. Put the stock pipe & reeds back on. Gonna test it & see how it goes. Not really a big deal to change later. Keep ya guys posted.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
So I finally got it all installed. I do lots of major mods to 4Tec ski's & I thought they were tight. Sleds really give ya no room. Went pretty smooth for my 1st time. The instructions they supply could difinately use some clarification & better explanations. One important note was the fuel line fitting they supplied would not completely clip on to the ECM. It's just snug. Might hold for a 2nd but would pop off. Had to switch it with oem one to make the system work. Unfortunately it got late so I didn't get a chance to fire it up but will tomorrow for sure!!!

Ended up leaving the SLP Y pipe, Helix, Spring & gearing (21/49) for now. Put the stock pipe & reeds back on. Gonna test it & see how it goes. Not really a big deal to change later. Keep ya guys posted.

On some you have to trim the white retainer clip so that it will click into place.

C
Jan 6, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
Finally got a chance to test it in Sicamous at Quest Mountain. Boost was set right at min & tried the initial numbers Jim gave me. Didn't work, ran like crap. Would not rev up at all. Played around with the programmer and got it better but still not perfect. Would pop & crap out sometime. On the dash "Rev Limit" & "Knock" would appear. Running Chevron 94 with about 60% Av. Playing with the throttle a bit would get it rev up pretty good though. Can totally feel the difference. Even with the way it was running I'm all smiles. By the end of the 2nd day & getting late, pretty much dark out, I think I got it dialled in. Which I had more space there to test. Really hoping Whistler gets a good dumping soon so can head up there. If anyone could share there numbers they are running for say around 6000' + would be great.

Tuning might take a bit but for the most part the fit & finish of this kit is awesome. Really like how I can turn the sled back to stock in a couple hours & you could never tell a Turbo was on it. Just wish I had a sealed turbo & didn't have to deal with the pump. Rolled it once a bit of Turbo oil spilled out the fill neck.

Will keep ya posted after next run.

Premium Features