• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IN DEPTH: 2018 M8000 Sno Pro

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Taylor honest opinion since I know you ride a lot of both. What do ya think of it compared to an Axys? What do you like better about each sled??

Just demoed one yesterday, the 162... we brought our 163 axys and I will tell you the cat is by far superior in handling. Pulls over essier, feels more nimble, way more power! Clutches are done right, mds kit adds 10 more hp and cooler belt temps, with that said we made 4-5 wide open pulls up a chute took panel off and could easily touch the secondary, was not hot at all. Accessible motor compartment. Motor is just as strong as doo but more top end and better back shift. I’m a 155 guy and have an axys 155 ,37” front end all decked out and the 162 cat rode just as good. I’m deff snow checking a 153” for 2019. Cat did well.
Things I would change..... stock skis to sly dogs, bars could be hair wider and shorter (doable though) and shocks are prob best factory ones I’ve ridden but I’d love a set of raptors on it!

Premium Features