• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel bog on initial accell (m8)

I
Nov 29, 2007
have an 08 m8 with jaws twins, boondocker box. have a stumble on initial accelleration, it does clean up after a second or two. Any ideas??? ride between 5-9000ft.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Dont know if its the same thing or not but, my 900 EFI would bog on the bottom but only right after i started the motor. I guess the EFIs run a rich cycle for 2 minutes after start up, even after the sled is warm and you stop you tell your buddy someting, fire it up and it runs that rich cycle.

I
Nov 29, 2007
you know, come to think of it is just when i fire it up after sittin for a few minutes with the engine off. a couple of buddy's with m1000's dont seem to have the same issue. Maybe a different program in ecu for the 1's. can this be changed or do i just have to deal with it. and for the jaws, they work awesome other than melting my oil resrvour and some wiring!!!. i have now completely wrapped the pipes in fiberglass header wrap, so well see how that works... thanks for the input guys!!

matt

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
you know, come to think of it is just when i fire it up after sittin for a few minutes with the engine off. a couple of buddy's with m1000's dont seem to have the same issue. Maybe a different program in ecu for the 1's. can this be changed or do i just have to deal with it. and for the jaws, they work awesome other than melting my oil resrvour and some wiring!!!. i have now completely wrapped the pipes in fiberglass header wrap, so well see how that works... thanks for the input guys!!

matt

on my '08 m8 when i first take off about 4000 rpm or so it bogs or burbles for a second then it takes off and runs fine. i can stop and go again without problems as long as i dont shut it off. it does it again the first time after you restart the engine and start taking off. you can hear the exhaust tone changes quickly too so maybe its just the ecu opening the exhaust valves for that second....

800Cat

Nov 27, 2007
Montana
My 07 M8 had been doing the same thing. I don't know if it will help but i just took it in and had the ECU reflashed and i'm going out this weekend so will see if that helped any.

H

Hirevtuner

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 14, 2008
Calgary
What is your box settings? You can change them at the RPM you have the bog at to try to fix the stumble.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
somethimes this rich stumble just after starting and taking off is better that other days, its some kind of programed rich mode maybe to try and limit cold siezures, my M8 is a little worse after a reflash on my M8. NO detrimental to riding but you always know its there.

Premium Features