• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rt 1000 fuel pump

I

imobdeep907

Dec 2, 2008
Anchorage
i was told to replace my fuel pump with the napa part number E8012S. but when i went to napa they told me that part number doesnt exist... anyone help me? and also what temp T-Stat is the 08 800 stat i need to put in ?

P

papa bear

Nov 26, 2007
Hobart, WA
NAPA has their own part number NFP P74019

If you went to the NAPA PartsPro Search (select interchange) and plug in E8012S ..... it will show up...or just plug in the NAPA #

Search in DooTalk for more details on install.

I

imobdeep907

Dec 2, 2008
Anchorage
when does the low pressure fuel pump kick on ? when its real low on gas? when mine starts to bog its when im at about 3/4 tank of gas... according to the unreliable rev fuel guage.. i just want to make sure this fuel pump is the problem.... i dont want to have to replace it if its not the actual problem....

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
the low pressure fuel pump just keeps the Hi pressure pump in the tank supplied with fuel. There is a little resevoir inside the tank that the hi pressure pump sits in. The low pressure one just constantly dumps fuel into there. If you start bogging after 3/4 of a tank your low pressure one is most likely getting weak and cant keep up.

I

imobdeep907

Dec 2, 2008
Anchorage
Awesome... Alright well I will replace that and it should fix the problem... Thanks for your help everyone....Also what temp is the tstat from the 08 800 that I need to install??

Premium Features