• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rt 1000 fuel pump

Nov 26, 2008
williston
i am switching out the transfer pump(the pump under the motor) on my rt and am trying to run a mechanical one instead of the factory electric. does anyone know where the vac port is located on the motor-thanks

B
Jul 21, 2001
Regina, Canada
Below the throttle bodies,,, Have a look at the online parts sites as they likely have photo with reference to that nipple,,, Note the mechanical pump was prone to filling with oil and thus did not work that well,, Maybe if you loop the pipe up a bit to keep/drain the oil back into case it might work,,, but Doo drop it as a bad idea,,,

T
Nov 23, 2008
rt fuel pump

I'm a master BRP tech, I've done about 12 of those up-dates. Removing the mech. pump and installing the facet pumps specialy built for ski-doo. Why?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Don't go with the mech pump! We all know the facet pump is garbage but that would be going backwards. If you want a kick A$$ pump, then go to Napa and get a hold of an E8012S pump. It's the replacement lift pump for a 6.5 Chev Diesel truck. Same cost as the garbage one. Relocate it over on the foot well by the battery and you'll never need another one again! That facet pump is just a universal pump designed for a hot rod with a carb that gets started and run a couple times a year. I lost 3 of those facet pumps in the 05/06 season before I got smart.

Premium Features