• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil pump

S
Oct 26, 2011
Kaslo, BC
I went for a test ride last weekend. When I got back and filled my fuel I realized the sled didn't use any oil out of the injection tank. I had some.oil mixed in the gas so didn't seize but not mixed very rich. I'm Going to check oil filter. Oil cap seems to breathe if I blow through it. How can I check oil pump and check valves?

2012 pro rmk with boondocker tial kit and intercooler

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
How many miles was the test ride??? Did you mark the oil tank with a sharpie? and look to see if the level was slightly down or not at all. If the ride was under 8-10 miles the oil used will be very little. Mixing the oil in gas will not oil the bearings (main and rod bearings) as the fuel/oil mis does not go thru the crankcase, it only will lube the pistons and top end as it is only injected into the transfer ports at the input side of the pistons.
gtwitch in wyoming

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Did you rebuild? When I do my top ends upon first fire up I will put a piece of wire around the oil pump to open it right up for a minute and get the oil pumping. Then I always fill it right up and mark with a sharpie so I can make sure I know it's taking. I also premix every single tank for precaution.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Premium Features