• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys front end

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
Tuneman

are you talking Axys or Pro ?

they're two different animals with the 36'' front

on the pro it was a big up grade

on the Axys not so much it makes the sweet spot smaller
and kinda twitchy
(thats been my experience )

i wouldn't recommend 36'' on Axys

Thanks for clarifying, I didn’t read closely enough and see he was talking about a pro......

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
People don't think about the total width of a sled when narrowing down the front end. Engineers have body panels and the rest of the chassis a certain width for a reason.
If you have problems with handling a sled like the axys at 39" then you probably need to practice riding more. But hey, to each their own.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I Have a 17 Assault RMK and did the following

Here in Michigan Leave stock !! 8 Tooth Driver 22/40 gearing , 2.25 Comp Track

West - Z Bros 36" with skis all the way in with Fox Evol Rs , Pro Motion in the skid , 7 tooth driver /19/42 geared ( think that's gone this year too much ratcheting with proper tension ; not Polaris Tension.. PROPER TENSION!) 2.6 track in awesome condition clipped and centered ��

Some where in that equation is to tippy ,has to little of a balance point , not what I want .. all of those !!!

Think I'm going to remove the Pro-Motion and put the skis to center with the rest staying the same it's like Ax chassis needs a 37 stick with adjustment from 36-38"

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
The first sled I rode with a 36" front end was a pro back in 2013 or 14'. To me it was fun but almost a novelty. Fun to go through trees with less physical input but it paneled out too easy. With the axys being narrower it shouldn't be as bad but still going to happen before a stock width sled.

xmk1080

Lifetime Membership
Sep 23, 2008
People don't think about the total width of a sled when narrowing down the front end. Engineers have body panels and the rest of the chassis a certain width for a reason.
If you have problems with handling a sled like the axys at 39" then you probably need to practice riding more. But hey, to each their own.

I'm pretty sure that I don't have a hard time handling a 39" front end and I'm sure most other people don't either. I run the zbros 36" front end, that actually measures 35" center to center, I'm also running the shorter pro spindles. It may take more balance but it just turns the fun factor up, you can sidehill steeper hills with less chance of washout, that ski is just like a lever pushing the sled away from the hill, plus you can shoot through tighter gaps. And as far as paneling out I haven't had any issues. In my opinion is It takes skill to ride it either way so ride what fits you best. We all need more practice so bring the snow, lol.

A
Jan 6, 2017
Alaska
I've test ridden my sled with the 36 inch ZBroz front end and needless to say it has been the best mod I've done to the sled. It totally changes the dynamic of how it handles in carves, sidehilling and countersteering, for the better! I've always thought that the stock Axys stance made it easy to hold a turn, but difficult to initiate. The 36 inch kit makes it handle just like a bike, the sled does exactly what you want it to do, every time with a slight lean and pressure on the running board. Definitely a huge winner this season on my 17 Pro.

frontierfire

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2008
Eagle River
I've test ridden my sled with the 36 inch ZBroz front end and needless to say it has been the best mod I've done to the sled. It totally changes the dynamic of how it handles in carves, sidehilling and countersteering, for the better! I've always thought that the stock Axys stance made it easy to hold a turn, but difficult to initiate. The 36 inch kit makes it handle just like a bike, the sled does exactly what you want it to do, every time with a slight lean and pressure on the running board. Definitely a huge winner this season on my 17 Pro.

Where you out of, you on AKsnowdhredder2.0

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Some thoughts...

I put 36" arms on my wife's Axys 163 and the skis are in the narrowest setting. My 163 has 39" arms on the narrowest ski setting. Last year in some somewhat set up snow I went back on forth with both sleds on a really steep sidehill. Hers would panel out consistently on this slope. Mine would slice right across without washing out. I'm thinking for less steep sidehills you might like the 36", but when the sidehill gets really steep I think the 39" will hold it better and not wash out as much. My 2 cents... For me I'm sticking with the 39" for when I really need it to hold a sidehill and not panel out.

F
Sep 11, 2014
Most of the reviews you will see on narrowing up the front end say 36" is too narrow - sweet spot is 37".

I ran the kmod (37") front end on my 14 pro and loved it. This year I am trying the offset spindles on my Axys. Put them on this weekend and my only complaint is that it wasn't even a 1 beer job. I enjoy working on my sled while I am waiting for snow and this job was not enough to hold me over until I can ride - will have to find another project....

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I run kmod 37" arms with skis in center setting, i like it this way

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Guys I feel like I need to hit on this if for nothing else but to clarify adjustability. My 36" kit is an adjustable kit capable of 37+ and still centered on the spindles. 36 is in it's narrowest setting. You can easily adjust the rod ends out 1/2" on both sides giving you your 37", again still centered over the spindle. Off set on the spindles you have also 7/8 of ski spacer on each side for additional width.
Dan

W
Jan 29, 2010
NH
Offset Spindles

This is what I and all my buddys are running out east this year. billet Offset spindles from WWW.mtnsideproducts.com avail. for Axys Pro Rmk, Pro Rmk, Assault and other models. great warranty excellent product!!. I heard this is what Jack and his son are running at The Sled Den This Year.. Check them out,,

W
Jan 29, 2010
NH
Offset Spindles

Oh and I am running an alt impact front end from Dan. this will be my 3 year on it. bent my stock one the first week. I usually bend 1-2 sets of lower Heim joints per season. just as designed. Great product and great service..

Thanks Dan:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features