• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 MC 1M 900 coolant issues?

C
Feb 9, 2016
Olympia WA
I've got a 03 AC MC 1M 900 and fairly new to snowmobiling. I recently noticed a coolant leak but from where I don't know? I noticed the front tunnel cooler/heat exchanger took a pretty hard hit but that's actually not where it's leaking from. The tunnel cooler/heat exchanger I see is actually riveted in the chassis and not sold separately any help please??

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
The front heat exchanger is not riveted in, it is actually part of the extrusions that the bulkhead is made from and welded together. If you have a leak there maybe it could be welded but you might have to nearly completely dismantle the sled so a welder could get to it depending on where it is. Without a little more info about where your leak is it is hard to be much more help than that.

C
Feb 9, 2016
Olympia WA
Oh it is? The damage on the heat exchanger is at the very bottom like I hit a stump or something along that line but it's really not that bad and doesn't seem to be leaking from there. Could I give you a call?

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
YOU should be able to see a leak after sitting all night. A lot of them leak from the connection of the cooling tubes and rear exchanger. For that you drill the rivets out to remove the cover and cut the cheap pex bands off and replace with a screw style hose clamp.

C
Feb 9, 2016
Olympia WA
YOU should be able to see a leak after sitting all night. A lot of them leak from the connection of the cooling tubes and rear exchanger. For that you drill the rivets out to remove the cover and cut the cheap pex bands off and replace with a screw style hose clamp.

Okay I'll dive into it more but I'm honestly not seeing any leaks. It's not losing a lot of coolant but enough to where it's driving me nuts!!

Premium Features