• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who ride Boondocker base kit at sea level

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
You guys running them at low elevation what are your running for clutching?? I am at 1,500' at home here, just got the Sidekick put together last night and took it for a rip. It over revs real fast! My kit came with the same 68 gram polaris weights I run at this elevation stock and boondockers primary spring. Do they have a different setup for low elevation I would think with only 68s with much boost at all it would over rev which it is

Wow this thing is sooo snappy and clean running though. Could not believe how crisp and responsive it was for a turbo

pappabruce

Lifetime Membership
Mar 14, 2011
You guys running them at low elevation what are your running for clutching?? I am at 1,500' at home here, just got the Sidekick put together last night and took it for a rip. It over revs real fast! My kit came with the same 68 gram polaris weights I run at this elevation stock and boondockers primary spring. Do they have a different setup for low elevation I would think with only 68s with much boost at all it would over rev which it is

Wow this thing is sooo snappy and clean running though. Could not believe how crisp and responsive it was for a turbo

I'm running the 68's with their primary spring at 900' and sled hits 8400 rpm

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I'm running the 68's with their primary spring at 900' and sled hits 8400 rpm

Huh well that's not good then I wonder if my boost reference or acuator isn't working or set right and creating too much boost?

Still can't believe 68s would be enough for this elevation since the book actually calls for 70's this low at stock power. I am surprised the spring would make that much difference

P

polarisblue

Jan 16, 2014
Im running 10-70 weights with the boondocker primary spring, 54/40 full cut helix with a black/purple secondary spring at 8500-8550 rpm my elevation is 1600ft runs perfect!

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Talked to BD today they said if I'm on hard pack (which I am) that I'm not gonna load the track enough with those weights. Also said I need to get a tank or two of fuel through it before the Actuator spring gets broke in and boost isn't spiking too much

Rode it some more today if I eased into throttle a bit and got some speed up could get it to run full throttle a bit but would be running 8800 then it would hit what must be a soft limiter and just kinda cut ya back a bit but not throw a code

Last edited:
N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
The kit boondocker supplies should be sufficient, they claim you put their weights and spring in and good, however they do suggest a different spring above 9-10k feet from what I gathered. Might take some minor tweaks to cure overrev but nothing you can't do while your out on the sled

N
Sep 2, 2017
Bd side kick on 2018 axys pro rmk

Hello I'm new to This web site .. just wondering about the sidekick turbo at sea level on a 2018 prormk .I contacted bd and was told that it won't work at sea level .. that I would run out of injector duty cycle .. has anybody had this issue happen to them and is there a cure for that.. I've read on this forum that guys are having very little issues at sea level on pump gas besides clutching..

2018 snow checked pro rmk
Sidekick turbo

T
Jun 14, 2014
Coon Rapids Mn
Hello I'm new to This web site .. just wondering about the sidekick turbo at sea level on a 2018 prormk .I contacted bd and was told that it won't work at sea level .. that I would run out of injector duty cycle .. has anybody had this issue happen to them and is there a cure for that.. I've read on this forum that guys are having very little issues at sea level on pump gas besides clutching..

Sidekick turbo

You need the sidekick switch from what i was told from boondocker to run at low elevation. Thats suppose to allow you to run a different map and comes with secondary injectors for low elevation.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Silber may be a better option for low elevation riding, he is from MN and has his kits tuned to work at low and high elevation without changing anything other then clutching.

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI

Sidekick turbo

It also depends on who you talk to at BD it seems like. My friend bought a 16 AXYS with the BD kit with optional external wastegate & was having issues. Called BD & they said he was stupid for trying make the kit work at sea level. Need to run the optional wastegate like he had but also digital timing retard key & low compression head. Then they said still might not work. Another friend just bought a BD powered AXYS & was told just need to run the digital timing retard key.

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
Silber may be a better option for low elevation riding, he is from MN and has his kits tuned to work at low and high elevation without changing anything other then clutching.

agree with this. there are many people here in the upper midwest running silber kits, 500 - 1500 feet. i spoke to silber at length about this. you need to run at 3lbs of boost and some AV.

Premium Features