• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which Evo reflash?

P
Nov 28, 2007
Glenville, Minnesota
I was just wondering which Evo reflash I should go with the 215 or the multiple map program I ride in southern Minnesota and Wyoming 1200ft to 12,000 feet I was just wondering if the 215 reflash is same as the lower program on the multiple map reflash are the same?

Last edited:

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Riding different elevation should have nothing to do with your choice of flash. If you get a 93 octane flash that is what you run everywhere. The altitude compensation tables in the ecu adjust boost to always make rated power.

The biggest advantage to the VmAp is running pump around home and whatever you want in the hills, or bumming gas to ride out which would normally be 91. VmAp is 91/93/100/110 octanes. A single 93 is the same as setting 2 on a VmAp.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Gotcha, meaning at 12k can I get my rated power on the 100 flash becuase of the turbo. I would say you would be getting to the limits of the stocker at 12k. You might find 93 more effective than 100 at that elevation but it would depend on your riding style. I don't know anyone that runs 110 with a stock turbo in the mountains. That was made more for drag racing then ride home on pump. Either way, the best bang for your buck and have the options for best performance at any elevation is the VmAp for sure.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I ride mine here in Wyoming at elevations around 10K and up to 11500 and have the V map and launch control w/ stock turbo and full evo intake and exhaust-BRV ect ect...
Riding in the nose bleed elevations ran the larger (3") turbo to can makes no difference so stayed with the stock 2.5 and run the bullet can- Due to the lack of air to spin the turbo to see any gains from this addition

My V map has 3 settings -so I am assuming 91/100/110 fuel selections-
I can tell you this that there is a cleaner and stronger pull at 110 than the 91 selection rating- but trail riding with the family- having the option to pump gas 91 is sure nice-
Pulling schutes I run the 110 setting and it is the way to let all hang out running the stock turbo
this is on a 2013 162...

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
/ I have always asked him Jim what he sent and never did get a clear understanding of what was sent/received-
Instructions were not inclusive on what was receives 91/93/100 or 91/93/110 especially when they were ordered at different intervals
Maybe you can clear this up Gene.. How can a guy verify?
I have installed numerious of these from Jim-but never received verfication if a customer received 91/93/100 or 91/93/110

Per his web site.
3 power settings to choose from plus Launch Control: 91 Octane 200hp (Safe on 89 octane, but ALWAYS use 91 if available), 93 octane 220 hp, 100 octane 235 hp

I agree 100% 91/100/110 would be the bomb for the stock turbo riders

Thanks

S/C

Last edited:

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
My understanding is the default was 91/93/100 with launch control option. For continuous mountain riding the 110 is not really practical with a stock turbo imo. Really more for drag guys. The couple 110 guys I flashed over the years I specifically asked for the 110.

Because of the factory knock sensor, running better octane than a flash requires will produce a little more hp. For this reason the guys that think they need the 110 flash I still recommend the 100 just because of the cost of fuel vs performance increase for mountain applications. Most run av 98% of the time.

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
Hopefully you have a back up ECU. I gave mine to the dealer over 3 weeks ago and still don't have an answer on when it will be shipped back to the dealer. Evolution has incredible products but man their customer service and turn around time has already cost me some of the best rides of the year. I know I'm not spending thousands on a big chute or super chute but you would still think that they would try to get their re-flashes turned around a little faster.
Rant over.
P.S. I cant wait to ride my sled with the evo re-flash. I am so stinking excited. Im worse than a kid on Christmas eve:face-icon-small-hap

T

traw4life

Nov 8, 2013
wyoming
what dealer did you give it to? Talking with Evo Jim and no one has the rights to his flash anymore and has been that way for awhile. I know The Edge says they do but I've heard different on the back side. and its the Wisconsin address they moved there shop

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Hopefully you have a back up ECU. I gave mine to the dealer over 3 weeks ago and still don't have an answer on when it will be shipped back to the dealer. Evolution has incredible products but man their customer service and turn around time has already cost me some of the best rides of the year. I know I'm not spending thousands on a big chute or super chute but you would still think that they would try to get their re-flashes turned around a little faster.
Rant over.
P.S. I cant wait to ride my sled with the evo re-flash. I am so stinking excited. Im worse than a kid on Christmas eve:face-icon-small-hap

December 15 - first week of January is a bad time in the shipping world as you might expect, plus Evo usually closes for a week or so as he does the pilgrimage to Colorado for family and test time. It's worth the wait trust me. There were some other products that were taking up a ton of his time in the last couple weeks as well.

To my knowledge Jim is the only one capable to flash in the US and I know I am the only one to flash in Canada being the distributor.

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
December 15 - first week of January is a bad time in the shipping world as you might expect, plus Evo usually closes for a week or so as he does the pilgrimage to Colorado for family and test time. It's worth the wait trust me. There were some other products that were taking up a ton of his time in the last couple weeks as well.

To my knowledge Jim is the only one capable to flash in the US and I know I am the only one to flash in Canada being the distributor.

That's what I figured. I know its a busy time of the year for everyone. I guess the biggest problem is that I was told on Monday last week from Clay that it was done and on its way back to the dealer. On Friday last week I stopped at the dealer to see if it came yet and they said no. I told them what Clay had told me so they called EVO to get a tracking number it turns out that EVO hadn't even done the re-flash yet.
All well, I probably would have hit a rock or stump any way so maybe EVO saved me some money in the long run, right? :face-icon-small-hap
Sorry for high jacking the OP.

Premium Features