• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Torsion springs and track shock replacement 2013 Summit X 163

Derfrevlis

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2017
Good day folks,

My 1st post on the site. New to the sledding world and need to do some maintenance to my Summit. Have been searching to see how to replace the above parts but have come up with nothing so far.

Do I need to remove rear suspension to replace the shocks and springs or can it be accomplished with the sled raised to take the weight off?

Cheers

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
Good day folks,

My 1st post on the site. New to the sledding world and need to do some maintenance to my Summit. Have been searching to see how to replace the above parts but have come up with nothing so far.

Do I need to remove rear suspension to replace the shocks and springs or can it be accomplished with the sled raised to take the weight off?

Cheers

I believe you can do it with it in. Being you have the x package you can send them off to monster performance or sled head racing and get them dialed.
That's the cheap route. If you got more coin you can get zbros ,raptors or elka its hard to beat those three. If you go the second option go through monster performance he will buy x shocks and put that towards your new ones. Good luck.

Derfrevlis

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2017
Already bought Fox shocks and some heavy duty BRP torsion springs. Just trying to figure out if I need to unbolt the suspension from the chassis or leave it in and try to do the work. Will leave it in and see how she goes.

Thanks

biggdaddy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
Leave it in

You can do it in place. You do not need to remove the suspension.

B
May 13, 2009
try putting sled on its side
easy to work on
ratcheting strap around the track to compress just a bit to get back shock out
undo limiter straps

Last edited:
Premium Features