• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

15 prolite 940 now 950 runs like crap

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I would think you would have better luck to give Bikeman a call and get their input on it, BDX just installs their big bore. 9 psi between the two cylinders is getting pretty borderline to get a fine tune.

C
Nov 8, 2015
Variables in every sled.
fuel pressure
▶️⏺ ECU
Some are just rich
Some have less timing.some more
If you add 100 plus cc and have not added timing
And a bit rich yes you could be fouling plugs.
As for the guy that had a bad stator that can be
Tough to diagnose, did one this year and I was
50/50 if that was the problem. Pretty much a guess.

I don't have a 950 but I'm sure it will run great once
Tuned.

Yes it has a timing key that came with the kit from BDX

Rinker

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
CO
I recommend the TPS calibration. I have the BD box but had an issue similar to yours. Once the TPS was dialed in, no problems and runs like a top. Make sure you also check your power valve lengths to make sure they are within spec of one another. This can f things up too.

C
Nov 8, 2015
I recommend the TPS calibration. I have the BD box but had an issue similar to yours. Once the TPS was dialed in, no problems and runs like a top. Make sure you also check your power valve lengths to make sure they are within spec of one another. This can f things up too.

Ok thanks TPS calibration is my next step when I get home in 2 weeks. Dealer said power valves were checked and were to spec.

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
Ok little background bought sled 2 months ago from a guy in WA was a 940 with 156 miles. Took it out first day within mile pickup it seized. Went through BDX purchased new top end 950 per their recommendation. Had installed by cat dealer. Picked up tookout first ride bebopped up the trail for about 8 miles started working into the throttle and was not opening up possibly running on one cylinder. So towed back to pickup took to cat they tested stator, ecm and checked reeds and all checked out good. Unplugged powercomander and said it ran better and relocated ground. Said it was good and can't find anything wrong. Took out today seemed to run decent but has a terrible bog in midrange and sounds like hell. If I keep hammering thorottle it pulls hard and runs good. If I hold mid for more than 10-15 seconds it's starts running like ****. Brought it home tore pipe off pulled plugs mag side look pretty good lots of oil, which is to be expected running first tank a 32:1. PTO side look almost unburnt and wet. Which is what I noticed before I took to cat the second time as well. So as far as my knowledge goes if it were coil it would give a code and I replaced injectors from different sled with no change. I'm looking for any advise as cat has no idea and BDX has not come up with a solution either. Also put compression gauge on pto side is about 124 and mag side is about 115 guessing this could be from rings not being seated all the way is this possible. Adding pictures of plugs and write up from cat. Thanks in advance

Hey there Cory. Feel free to give me a call at the shop to discuss your issue. I was out of town in Iceland for a week and just got back to work today. I'm not sure if you tried to call last week but I didn't have any messages on my desk from you when I returned. You can also email me at erich@speedshopinc.com.
I have a very good map for the 950 models of course, and for all elevations. We have updated several of our Prolite 940 machines to the 950 version.
The TPS can be set using the reading from a Power commander.
****Important***** Voltage for the TPS at Idle with our larger 52mm throttle bodies is .71 volts.

Our phone number is 507.263.2244

I know I can help you out, just need to deal with you directly.
Thanks, Erich

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Negative still a yard ornament

One more off the wall fix could be your smart valves in the tank. Mine went to **** and would cause some crazy bog issues. I have the big throttle bodies on my 800 and it was pretty finicky to get tuned but once I got it right they're great. A new smart valve assembly is only about 70$ Google proclimb fuel surge and see if it matches any of your symptoms

C
Nov 8, 2015
One more off the wall fix could be your smart valves in the tank. Mine went to **** and would cause some crazy bog issues. I have the big throttle bodies on my 800 and it was pretty finicky to get tuned but once I got it right they're great. A new smart valve assembly is only about 70$ Google proclimb fuel surge and see if it matches any of your symptoms

Ok ythanks I'll look into it

C
Nov 8, 2015
I never heard from you? Give me a call or email so we can help you out.

507-263-2244

or erich@speedshopinc.com

I'm ready to cut my ties with BDX/SSI I missed nearly all of the 2017 season because of this. I've talked to you and the other guy at the shop I believe his name is Kevin at least 6 times. My local dealership has talked to you several times as well. If you want to be a stand up company and help resolve this problem you can call me. I'm tired of wasting my time for a "man idk what it could be" Cory Florence 406-471-3184

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
I'm ready to cut my ties with BDX/SSI I missed nearly all of the 2017 season because of this. I've talked to you and the other guy at the shop I believe his name is Kevin at least 6 times. My local dealership has talked to you several times as well. If you want to be a stand up company and help resolve this problem you can call me. I'm tired of wasting my time for a "man idk what it could be" Cory Florence 406-471-3184

I see you got your kit at the end of February from us to update your burnt down 940. There isn't anyone named Kevin here. Which dealer has been calling who do they say they talk to when they call? There is only Jeff, Ray or I and most likely me if was a technical question. I've been pretty easy to get ahold off unless it was the week I was in Iceland.
Has to be something Cory. If the pistons are fine, and the cylinder walls are fine, and the head is fine, and the exhaust valves are fine, then we need to look at something besides blaming a big bore kit. I have been doing 800, 900, 940 and 950 big bores for since the lay down cat motors came out. And we have a lot of 950's on the snow, they work.

There has to be a gremlin somewhere, and they suck to find sometime. So I understand your pain.

I will give you a call now.

M
I bought a SSI 950 last spring and put it on my 2017 ProCross and it has ran Awsome!!! Called Eric a few times and he was Very Helpful!!! I ran it on asphalt all summer with great performance. I did find the 17 ECU was much richer than the earlier 2012-2015’s. With a Jaws pipe & stock TB’s I ran 000 # on my Boondocker WOT

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
I bought a SSI 950 last spring and put it on my 2017 ProCross and it has ran Awsome!!! Called Eric a few times and he was Very Helpful!!! I ran it on asphalt all summer with great performance. I did find the 17 ECU was much richer than the earlier 2012-2015’s. With a Jaws pipe & stock TB’s I ran 000 # on my Boondocker WOT

How fast was it in the quarter?

M
Im 280 lbs in leathers and I have a extra radiator on the back of my tunnel to keep me cool so I don’t have to use a cool down and electric start and battery still. Me and the sled weights in @ 855 lbs. 10.6 is my best in the 1/4 and 6.6 in the 1/8.

Premium Features