• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Helix Options

Radar78

Lifetime Membership
Aug 20, 2010
Dundurn Sask. Canada
I'll be bringing a '16 M8000 LTD home this week and I'm trying to get setup for clutching. I have an MDS setup on the way but I'll need to set my secondary up. What are the stock helix angles for both low and high elevations? Also, what brand helix is a good alternative to stock. They list for $220 up here in Canada?? Wtf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
I know on the cat clutches the best was the stock 36 degree helix (or aftermarket 36 degree) for a stock sled. now you have a team so that completely different so this isn't much help haha

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
I'll be bringing a '16 M8000 LTD home this week and I'm trying to get setup for clutching. I have an MDS setup on the way but I'll need to set my secondary up. What are the stock helix angles for both low and high elevations? Also, what brand helix is a good alternative to stock. They list for $220 up here in Canada?? Wtf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stock is 48 degree. What elevation so you run at? We typically go to a shallower helix and then heavier on the weights. It works much better in deep snow, quicker backshift. We use our 42 degree helix and our 190-260 dark green spring.

Premium Features