• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pipe/power differences over the years

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
I kind of realized something this morning. I bought my last sled, a 2010 m8 from someone who's kid was on the AC race program. There's a really good chance I may be using a non-stock ecu programmed m8 as my reference.

I believe the 10 M8 made the most power out of all the Zuke 800 HO from 10-17. I have the 10 and 18, they’ve changed these sleds so much it’s tough to compare them, the proclimb is really setup for the low end and mid range (plus I have the 3in track), where my 10 can run 90+ on the dream meter down the trail and still be fun in the woods with its 2.25 powerclaw. I look forward to get time on this new chassis, both sleds have there pluses and minuses. Good luck on your quest!

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
There's no way I'd go back to the old chassis. The handling alone of the new stuff is by far worth it.

It's just that I still find myself (well, the sled) struggling a little in some big climbs or long pulls that I know my 2010 handled better, even with 8t drivers I had on 16' all last year. I also do a good amount of skiing off my sled so I'm riding two up, one person on each side of the sled. Just seemed like my 2010 had more grunt.

I got a 'hillclimb' ecu coming. We'll see that shuts me up. If not, a ceramic jaws pipe might be in my future.

Last edited:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Now if you're comparing the M-series to the pro climb the proclimbs are down a couple hp due to the pipe shape changing to fit in the newer chassis. Also remember that the M-series has a shorter link to the track (diamond drive vs jackshaft and chain) and the proclimbs are now spinning 2.6-3" tracks compared to the old 2.25". All that equals more load with less hp. Gear the proclimb down to handle the load and it doesn't do 90 down the trail anymore. As one of my old professors used to say "There's no free lunch."

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
like boondocker said there are way to many different variables. the motors are the "same", chassis are completely different, diamond drive vs chain, 2.25 track vs 2.6/3 etc. sled might feel different but it could be from something completely different. the pipe shaping is an interesting thought though, never thought of that but you can do a simple pipe swap and gain more anyway. the ECU part number changed in 2015 but that could be as simple as a new decal lol. all I know is I would take 5 less hp on the new chassis then have 20 more in the old one every day of the week. comparing a 2014 to a 2015 when they had the ECM P/N change would be a lot better

Premium Features