• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel tank overflow / vent

C
Oct 22, 2013
western nebraska
I own a 15 xm summit and when the fuel tank is above 3/4 full and park with the nose facing downhill gas runs out of the vent / overflow. My question is this has anybody tried installing a check valve in this line to let air in but when the front is facing down hill the fuel cant flow out? TIA

T

towerrigger

Jul 9, 2008
Ski doo did on 2017 850's. Now the tank holds pressure and bulges as the expansion from elevation changes /vapours has no where to go. Try tipping the sled on its side when parking to stop fuel pouring out.

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
I own a 15 xm summit and when the fuel tank is above 3/4 full and park with the nose facing downhill gas runs out of the vent / overflow. My question is this has anybody tried installing a check valve in this line to let air in but when the front is facing down hill the fuel cant flow out? TIA

Mine does the same thing and the factory vent on the tank has a check valve built in it. I added another one inline aswell i havent had any issues with it bulging the tank out. I even tested the one in the tank and it seems fine but mine was draining gas out.

Premium Features